Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

We have a camping tradition to read CYOA stories aloud while we’re doing otherwise boring stuff (e.g. cleaning up after meals), passing the book off after each choice. We usually pick these up from a used bookstore nearby, but CYOA are in hot demand and move quickly. We got stuck with some boring books last time, like one that’s impossible to google that was basically a LotR knockoff and way too serious, so I kind of want to start scoping out local stores in advance this year instead.

I’m looking for books like Revenge of the Russian Ghost. This has everything: ghosts, time travel, you can betray multiple groups of people and also blow yourself up with a bomb. Awesome. Stories where you can die right away are way way better for our purposes than serious attempts at a narrative.

So what CYOA books should I keep an eye out for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

House of Danger owns massively imo. Hyperspace is also a really good time, really goofy. The Citadel of Chaos absolutely rules.

Tbh, I would say really go for Hyperspace, it's super over the top.