Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

I have a vague memory of a scene from a comic - it would have been from before 2010. May have been published by Vertigo? Wildstorm?

In the first part of the scene, a woman is being brutalized by her abusive husband. He grabs his gun, puts it to her head, pulls the trigger, and then laughs as she sobs. "No bullets today," he tells her.

Later, a monster of some sort comes through, and he tries to shoot it, but it kills him dead. Once the monster is gone, the woman picks up the gun and says - possibly to her husband's corpse - "No bullets today."

Anyone have any idea where this was from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Not sure OP.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
A ludicrously unlikely shot in the dark, but google tells me there’s a pulp story by that name in the April 1939 issue of Popular Detective.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

V for Vendetta has a sequence very close to this, is this what you were thinking of?

CW: Domestic abuse

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Flying Zamboni posted:

V for Vendetta has a sequence very close to this, is this what you were thinking of?

I believe so, yes. Thank you.