Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

yellowcar posted:

him getting kicked out of his local dsa being his breaking point is the funniest wrinkle in his whole mythos

that seems to be the start of a lot of people's mental decline, sam kriss now writes for compact magazine lmao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al! posted:

same thing happened to freddie deboer, who got kicked out of the dsa and used the experience to rewrite the bell curve

ah i was wondering why that guy was always whining

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sube
Nov 7, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that seems to be the start of a lot of people's mental decline, sam kriss now writes for compact magazine lmao

can't beat sarah ashton-cirillo, who went from a Las Vegas DSA member (same city as WASBAPPIN, lol) to writing that "The Angolan war a heroic battle against Marxism"

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
dsa is the something awful of the american left, producing the most psychos per capita

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

tristeham posted:

ah i was wondering why that guy was always whining

be got kicked out because he made a false accusation that some other dude in the dsa was a sex pest and the alleged victim came out to say "shut the gently caress up freddie, it was consensual"

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
jesus christ

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the freddie story is pretty sad i think, he was going through a psychotic episode at the time. he has a post on his website detailing the whole thing, basically he thought malcolm harris was out to get him and so knowingly made up the lie - as in he wasn't deluded, he made it up on purpose - that malcolm harris sexually assaulted someone. he also called another person he thought was part of a shadowy conspiracy against him and made death threats via voicemail, and she called him back and was like "if you don't go to a facility right now i will call the police, and i might still call the police even if you do" and then it was time to be institutionalized for a while. now he is medicated and doing much better.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Is Freddie's argument for intelligence having a genetic component meaningfully different from Idiocracy's eugenicist smart people have smart babies and dumb people have dumb babies?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Azathoth posted:

Is Freddie's argument for intelligence having a genetic component meaningfully different from Idiocracy's eugenicist smart people have smart babies and dumb people have dumb babies?

freddie's is dumber

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i wonderh ow mark fisher's work would do if it was published now

he was also pretty high on russell brand before he died

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

freddie's r

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i dont think that freddie thinks that dumb people will outbreed smart people and poison the gene pool

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Azathoth posted:

its literally just the bell curve with the word epigenetics thrown in a few times

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

can someone cite some of freddie's writing about this

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i wonderh ow mark fisher's work would do if it was published now

he was also pretty high on russell brand before he died

it's sad that one of his main legacies has turned out to be his lovely article about how people are too mean to Russell Brand and Owen Jones, alongside his actually good writing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

“Genes matter. They matter for us as individuals and they matter for us as a society. And they matter whether progressive people believe them to matter or not. What the political left must understand is that sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring the rapidly developing world of human genetic research does no one any favors. To leave the field of argument to the worst elements, the pseudoscientific racists and gender essentialists, is to abdicate our sacred responsibility to defend our values.” - cult of smart, page 237

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"freddie is right"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

intelligence and genetics: https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/disentangling-race-from-intelligence-and-genetics

the malcolm harris stuff: https://web.archive.org/web/20210404033216/https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/statement

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/genes-believe-in-you

methodological critique is gatekeeping

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al! posted:

“Genes matter. They matter for us as individuals and they matter for us as a society. And they matter whether progressive people believe them to matter or not. What the political left must understand is that sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring the rapidly developing world of human genetic research does no one any favors. To leave the field of argument to the worst elements, the pseudoscientific racists and gender essentialists, is to abdicate our sacred responsibility to defend our values.” - cult of smart, page 237

thanks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

heres an actual psyd saying all the studies he based his conclusions on were bunk (it contains what i quoted earlier)

https://www.madinamerica.com/2021/02/left-wing-behavioral-genetics/

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

freddie needs to read theory (gibson)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007