Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

echinopsis posted:

only eat hot chip and lie :cry:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

eschaton posted:

my wife and I subscribe to culture which is a quarterly glossy magazine solely about cheese, with centerfold

cheese loving rules

*wife knocks on door of kitchen closet*
“what are you doing in there honey it’s been over an hour!”
*frantically folds cheese magazine*
“NOTHING GO AWAY”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

he worked at cheese manhattan bank, paul volcker was his boss back in the 1960s and 1970s so yes, lol

fixed that for you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
had some mini pizzas going and saw some gouda out and chucked a wee slice on so that’s 4 cheese pizza u can see in the foreground

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
gouda for you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:worship:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

made some stuffs last night

half were stuffed with cream cheese, roasted beets, and garlic, and half were stuffed with chicken sausage and mozzarella

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

looks like some tasty rolls. i love a good bread and cheese, blue cheese especially.

i should go back to the mexican bakery and get some bolillo rolls. they have a giant garbage bag full of them and they’re like a dollar a piece.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mediaphage posted:

half were stuffed with cream cheese, roasted beets, and garlic, and half were stuffed with chicken sausage and mozzarella

give

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

come on over

i make these pretty regularly and my so takes them for worklunch

i mean it’s basically a sandwich it just feels fancier lol. the great thing is that you can make them in an endless variety and also fill them up with like any leftovers+cheese or sauce and you’re good to go

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

B-Movie Monster x Cheese Club

https://twitter.com/ActualNames1/status/1669688157540057090?s=20

What a loving great forename, Creature.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao that’s rad

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

they lived for 435 years, must have been a heck of a creature

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mediaphage posted:

yooooooo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
god drat

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

this weeks stuffs are bacon onion garlic cream cheese

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
can a poster get a recipe or what

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mediaphage posted:

give

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

can a poster get a recipe or what

it’s just preferred filling + preferred enriched bread dough so it’s pretty mix and match. for the filling in this batch it’s a block of softened cream cheese plus sautéed onions and several strips of broken up fried bacon. plus a little thyme, salt, and pepper.

if you need an enriched bread dough, this is one i made up that i use for pretty much anything soft - sandwich bread, stuffs, dinner rolls, etc.

100% ap flour
20% heavy cream (35%)
6-10% honey
2% salt
2% yeast (instant or active dry)
1 egg
40-45% water

mix everything and knead the gently caress out it; i usually do at least ten minutes in the stand mixer. let it ferment until at least doubled in size, then pull it out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into portions. i typically use 500g flour and that will give you 8 small (dinner roll-sized) or 6 medium (sandwich-sizedish) stuffs, say. or you could make one large loaf pans worth of bread.

press out your portions of dough into a rough rounded shape and spoon on your filling (cream cheese base is very effective but you can use literally anything; some things may end up dry but then you can just dip it in a sauce so w/e) and pinch all the seals closed, then shape it back into a nice ball. let rest on a parchment-covered tray for at least 20 minutes or until they get nice and poofy (if you fill it with cold ingredients it will take longer to ferment). brush with egg wash or just more cream

bake at 400°F/205°C until golden brown on top and bottom.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

as an aside whenever i do bread in the oven i typically add steam, either by using a steam oven, having a hot pan in the bottom of the oven that i pour around a cup of boiling water into, or by cooking in an enclosed container and these aren’t really different

they fridge well and reheat fine so i often make a batch for the week for my spouse to take for work lunch or just have a quick snackmeal at home

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mediaphage posted:

can i get these on goldbelly?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

can i get these on goldbelly?

gotta imagine shipping would be a killer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mediaphage posted:

it’s just preferred filling + preferred enriched bread dough so it’s pretty mix and match. for the filling in this batch it’s a block of softened cream cheese plus sautéed onions and several strips of broken up fried bacon. plus a little thyme, salt, and pepper.

if you need an enriched bread dough, this is one i made up that i use for pretty much anything soft - sandwich bread, stuffs, dinner rolls, etc.

100% ap flour
20% heavy cream (35%)
6-10% honey
2% salt
2% yeast (instant or active dry)
1 egg
40-45% water

mix everything and knead the gently caress out it; i usually do at least ten minutes in the stand mixer. let it ferment until at least doubled in size, then pull it out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into portions. i typically use 500g flour and that will give you 8 small (dinner roll-sized) or 6 medium (sandwich-sizedish) stuffs, say. or you could make one large loaf pans worth of bread.

press out your portions of dough into a rough rounded shape and spoon on your filling (cream cheese base is very effective but you can use literally anything; some things may end up dry but then you can just dip it in a sauce so w/e) and pinch all the seals closed, then shape it back into a nice ball. let rest on a parchment-covered tray for at least 20 minutes or until they get nice and poofy (if you fill it with cold ingredients it will take longer to ferment). brush with egg wash or just more cream

bake at 400°F/205°C until golden brown on top and bottom.

nice!!