Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
pick the best show
first take
first things first
undisputed
speak
whatever show colin cowherd is on
jalen and jacoby
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

which cable sports show is the best. i dont care about eurotrash im talking about america. i wanna know where to go to stay informed on the current strategies of top teams, great sports analysis, and sometimes a bit of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Arli$$

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

fart simpson posted:

which cable sports show is the best. i dont care about eurotrash im talking about america. i wanna know where to go to stay informed on the current strategies of top teams, great sports analysis, and sometimes a bit of fun

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I like the one where two loudmouths are told to hold over the top conflicting opinions about a marketable star athlete so they can yell at each other for 22 minutes in an attempt to go viral.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ThinkTank posted:

I like the one where two loudmouths are told to hold over the top conflicting opinions about a marketable star athlete so they can yell at each other for 22 minutes in an attempt to go viral.

no way. thats my favorite too

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Sports show with Norm MacDonald. Might not be the most up to date information though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
stump the schwab

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

cheap seats

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Onion Sportsdome. Rip.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Get up!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I sometimes enjoy the Jim Rome show still which is technically on TV but I don't know if I would if it wasn't a part of my youth.

If I'm in a hotel room and flipping through channels in the afternoon, or am at the car dealership and they left the remote out and no one else is watching, I often stop at Around the Horn. I never watch it in any other context.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think every time ive watched ARound the Horn involved me being home sick from school

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I miss mike and the mad dog :(

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Unironically the show was ahead of its time. Now lots of the stuff it did has aged poorly but a huge strength of it was it was a panel show and it was an hour time slot so it wasn't a rushed thing. You'd get guests on who could talk and since it was like they had 2 minutes to get in what they wanted to say they could actually hit some good stuff. Like, I'm not joking, if they brought the style formatting back of this show it would do really really well.

I realize I'm making it sound super high minded. It wasn't. But I just think how lovely some of the formatting of sports talk shows now that this would look slow and like, well thought out.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 26, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
does Jim Rome still have 10 seconds of completely dead air between prepared sentences or pre-recorded callers, occasionally interrupting the silence with the sound of a crumpling piece of paper

even when I listened to sports radio every day I could not understand the appeal of that show

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sports Night was the best sports show, c'mon, people.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Specific to BC and long since defunct, but Sports Page used to rule and launched the career of basically every sports media personality in the market.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The George Michael Sports Machine. When I was a kid we didn't have cable so this was one of the only ways to see non-local sports highlights.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

indigi posted:

does Jim Rome still have 10 seconds of completely dead air between prepared sentences or pre-recorded callers, occasionally interrupting the silence with the sound of a crumpling piece of paper

even when I listened to sports radio every day I could not understand the appeal of that show

rack 'em.

Timby posted:

Sports Night was the best sports show, c'mon, people.

see you and raise Playmakers, which was too hot for ESPN's NFL rights deal :v:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

One of the best sports shows is a vhs tape of sports bloopers on the tv they wheeled into PE class because it’s raining

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Specific to BC and long since defunct, but Sports Page used to rule and launched the career of basically every sports media personality in the market.

I remember growing up in Edmonton watching SPORTS NIGHT on ITV and it seemed that every year one of those guys ended up at TSN or Sportsnet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
it sure as poo poo isn't Jim Rome because jeez howdy does that fucker suck