Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

What’s the deal with bow ties?

Why are they awesome on cats?

Why are they awful on people?

Is it the cats; is it the people; or, is it the bow ties themselves? Are there exceptions? What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

think about proportions for a second here. that bowtie on the cat's about the same size as his head... but that human's bow on the other hand is tiny. it's simply not a fair comparison here, of course he looks stupid while the feline is fine

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Wearing a bowtie in the modern world pretty much immediately identifies you as a Republican who hates minorities and physical intimacy.

The incel community ruined bowties, the bowties aren't directly at fault.

cumpantry posted:

think about proportions for a second here. that bowtie on the cat's about the same size as his head... but that human's bow on the other hand is tiny. it's simply not a fair comparison here, of course he looks stupid while the feline is fine

The bowtie-width / head-width ratio is pretty much exactly the same in those pictures. You have weird observation skills. Do you propose that human bowties should be taller than they are wide?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

They're a personality replacement tool, like cowboy hats or glasses with colored lenses.

Sure, you MIGHT meet a cool person wearing one of those things. But odds are you're about to hear a lecture about how white people are the REAL oppressed people nowadays.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
my cats collar has a bow tie and it's fuckin adorable

I would never wear a bow tie lest I look like a dweeb

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

Sure, you MIGHT meet a cool person wearing one of those things.
If we're talking about modern times I'm pretty sure the only human being on the entire earth that wears a bowtie that is cool is Pee-Wee Herman.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wore a bow tie to the Kentucky Derby, but that is an event where you are supposed to dress like a huge obnoxious jackass

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jelly posted:

If we're talking about modern times I'm pretty sure the only human being on the entire earth that wears a bowtie that is cool is Pee-Wee Herman.

Orville Redenbacher impersonators

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

The ghost of Churchill.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
if I saw someone with a bowtie and a cowboy hat in public I don't think I could stop myself from openling glaring at them

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
What about pasta?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
the bow tie killer says gently caress you op

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Extra Large Marge posted:

I wore a bow tie to the Kentucky Derby, but that is an event where you are supposed to dress like a huge obnoxious jackass

what's your excuse for the other 364 (365 every 4 years) days of the year?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Bill Nye and Pee Wee Herman both pulled them off

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
what about cat people OP

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

what about cat people OP

Not as bad as people, not as good as cats.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wondering about a bowtie creature wearing a cat, and/or wearing a people. how would that change the equation

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Incitatus posted:

what's your excuse for the other 364 (365 every 4 years) days of the year?
You messed up your math, +1 to both.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

wondering about a bowtie creature wearing a cat, and/or wearing a people. how would that change the equation

I think the former would have some potential to be adorable but humans are ugly and should not be accessorized.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I wear a bow tie because it is commanded so by the honorable Elijah Mohammed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm actually very good looking so I have no need to distract people from my face