Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Draft is fun

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Lol Rich was happy bout that pick.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play posted:

how are the niners so good every year now despite seemingly loving up their draft picks, especially their early draft picks, every single draft

Comp picks in round 3 being their early picks seems to be more of their fuckup then anything else.

Bad drafting is more a 3 years from now problem, 49ers still coasting off that Bosa + Deebo draft.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

Comp picks in round 3 being their early picks seems to be more of their fuckup then anything else.

lemme give you their first picks in the draft the last three years:

Drake Jackson from second round (who the gently caress is that?) followed by Tyrion Davis Price and Danny Gray

Trey Lance. third overall or something. nuff said even though I still have the irrational hope that he'll be good and not injured someday

Javon Kinlaw 14th overall

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah Veach has a different read on this draft than I do, but he gets paid to do this poo poo and I'm just some jackass.

Would feel better about things if it weren't for trading up.

They had more picks than roster spots. At the end of the 3rd, moving up some to land a guy is fine.

The move up for Rice was a total loving blunder though.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Coming in here WAY later to say "hahahahah" nice pull

edit: also: The East Coast Family

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

LiquidFriend posted:

They had more picks than roster spots. At the end of the 3rd, moving up some to land a guy is fine.

The move up for Rice was a total loving blunder though.

The PFF guys had interesting rant about him trying to turn everything into a jump ball even when he already has a half step on the corner. At least he is little bigger than the rest of their WRs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

surf rock posted:

God, the Dallas draft room really does look like a mass suicide bunker.

good