Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I will fully admit my view on WFH is completely skewed due to the fact I started doing it in 2004 for one of the first companies to make it a policy that you could do it if you wanted, whenever you wanted, as they were fully set up to handle it. The company is still alive and fine, despite a lot of ups and downs, none of which were related to the WFH policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't much like working from home when I did it but that was more due to the job being horrible and other circumstances at the time (spending most of it trying to work sat on the couch because the room I was planning to use as an a office being occupied by a friend of my BIL who 'needed a place to stay, just for a couple of weeks' and ended up living with me rent free for 18 months).

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Working from home rocks even if I can't do it myself. All that should matter is if you meet your quotas or whatever and that's that. You're paid for your labour and if you've completed everything you've needed to because you're efficient, you should be rewarded with that time off, not loving punished for it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
One last remix from Gametal's May Madness, J-E-N-O-V-A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmxaYMjCe7M&hd=1

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

The 7th Guest posted:

stuff about Firmament

Outside of the AI stuff how was the game? Haven't gotten around to it because of Zelda, but might try it soon and haven't heard anything at all about it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Didn't much like working from home when I did it but that was more due to the job being horrible and other circumstances at the time (spending most of it trying to work sat on the couch because the room I was planning to use as an a office being occupied by a friend of my BIL who 'needed a place to stay, just for a couple of weeks' and ended up living with me rent free for 18 months).

same. Apart from the rando moocher. Whole situation made me change careers lol. Feels good to have work and home separate but also, work sux and if I were working from home I’d probably have more hours in Zelda and be playing guitar more

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

We used to have full time WFH (at least my department) after COVID hit and kept that for 3 years and it was great. But I guess our head honchos wanted to amortize the new office + evils of capitalism so it was reduced 2 days a week globally and it sucks cause now I have to pay for subway and wake up earlier and stand there acting productive when there's just no stuff to do.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Im one of those loathesome essential workers. I dont know how anybody can handle being forced to sit around the house not due to health problems and stay grounded, but I guess Ill never know. 🙃

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i still get to work from home on tuesdays and thursdays, its ok, my job is pretty basic but the part i've always hated about it most is the travelling

yeah i sometimes take the piss and have a game of binding of issac or rocket league in the middle of the day but also i probably wasted about 4 hours yesterday just chatting to co-workers when i was in lmao

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I have to get up at five thirty every morning for my commute and spend the workweek feeling like a windup toy whose key is slowing down

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
my ideal life would be to harvest grain, with a scythe, and worship stones and moss. for fun, Id get wasted and dance naked and frenzied around a raging bonfire.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Everyone says that until their entire village gets slaughtered by vikings.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i like my job, and it's good for me to be around people. worker solidarity ftw

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i like my job, and it's good for me to be around people. worker solidarity ftw

Same

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.