Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?
(Do let me know if this question is better asked in a different subforum, thanks!)

Due to my previous luggage being on the way out, I am currently looking at getting some sort of rolling luggage, something that is of the non-spinner variety, meaning two wheels only.

It's been a bit of a search, seems as though nobody wants to make inline skate wheels as an option anymore, not sure why either.

Budget - 150 - <400 tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Killer_B posted:

(Do let me know if this question is better asked in a different subforum, thanks!)

Due to my previous luggage being on the way out, I am currently looking at getting some sort of rolling luggage, something that is of the non-spinner variety, meaning two wheels only.

It's been a bit of a search, seems as though nobody wants to make inline skate wheels as an option anymore, not sure why either.

Budget - 150 - <400 tops.

I've had a whole bunch of rolling suitcases over the years, probably 15+, and the two Timberland ones I have are the only ones that have survived throughout any number of trips, one of which I still have. Almost all of the other ones I bought were cheap no-name brands that I found in little markets in Cairo or US dollar stores or wherever, but at least IME Timberland >>>>> cheapo suitcases, at least if you travel any significant amount. It's possible any big name brand suitcase will also be reasonable quality. I still end up buying cheapo ones since we occasionally travel out with one suitcase and return with an extra checked bag if we e.g. buy carpets or something, but they always end up dying after 3-4 years, with either the wheel or the extensible handle giving out.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Timbuk2 Copilots - they're on the higher end of your budget range, but have lifetime warranties

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
At the top end of that price range there's the Travelpro Platinum Elite line, which is basically the slightly less sturdy but significantly lighter consumer version of the Travelpro FlightCrew luggage you'll see in the hands of most flight attendants and crew. They make two- and four-wheel versions of each one, and they have a warranty for the wheels, zippers, and handles (which are usually the first things to break on any rolling luggage).

Roadie fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 9, 2023

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've personally just upgraded to Sterling Pacific, but if you're looking for something less pricey (that poo poo's expensive), I suggest the Pelican Air series. I've had a couple for several years now, and they've seen poo poo you probably won't ever encounter. Good stuff. Scuffed, but absolutely still solid. And made in the USA with a solid warranty.