Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Popy posted:

the butlerian jihad had some good ideas imo

we should ban normal people from using the internet and only have a select caste of highly trained type of guy to act as the inbetween the teeming masses and the internet

Have a guy trained from birth to listen to your racist uncle over a three hour long Thanksgiving dinner and compress that down into an incredibly potent tweet that would kill a normal man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What is his username, among posters?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1674500163111460864

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Al! posted:

[me, as a harkonan] whats 6 times 9 worm??? ha ha now whats 4 times 20 oh ho ho ho ho

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Padisha Emperor Shaddam IVtwenty

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Al! posted:

[me, as a harkonan] whats 6 times 9 worm??? ha ha now whats 4 times 20 oh ho ho ho ho

lol again

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i love Dune.

I've got an early (2nd or 3rd) edition of it sitting at my mom's place, and I have an actual reading copy there, and one here.

I have a lot of copies of dune.

also the audio book.

Big Worm Lover Here

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Drake no: little prick

Drake yes: gom jabbar

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Al! posted:

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

bene tlielax is not happy with me - thats ok, ill keep insufflating that garbage

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Count Fenring has dropped some sick mumblecore tracks

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I'm not a prompt engineer, I'm a prompt navigator

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I'm not a prompt engineer, I'm a prompt navigator

prompt... IN BED

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Riot Bimbo posted:

Big Worm Lover Here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

doesn't dune go into the nitty gritty on exactly what a lasgun-shield interaction can do, what the space law is with nuking people, and why it's both polite and practical to just not mix lasguns and shields? it's written in there somewhere. maybe one of the later books. also i think it was something that got tried a lot before the era dune is set in? it was one of the more explained things iirc

Yup, it is essentially an explosion that happens on eithet the shield or the lasgun and the explosion can range from a small boom that just takes out the lasgun or the shield and can scale up to a nuclear explosion and due to the weird "magic" of the Holtzmann field there is no way of knowing.

Presumably Herbert was referring to the recently hypothesized muon-catalysis fusion that some (IIRC) Russian scientists were floating about at the time of him writing the book with regards to the sub-atomic fusion stuff.

I wish I had mental drugs, poo poo looks cool.