Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
So I was just reading my Facebook messages for the first time in a super long time, like last year or more. I noticed that there is a place for message requests from non friends. Did everyone already know this? I had no idea! So anyway there's one section for posts that aren't spam and one for spam. The one for spam is full of messages that I never got. Behold! The first one ever:

So yeah i haven't read more yet but this is extremely interesting to me. I'm almost afraid to see what kind of creeps post on my messages when they aren't friends with me. At the same time, it could be hilarious. What do, goons? Should I keep reading the messages? There are probably at least a hundred of them based on how long i had to scroll. I'm scared of what i might find. Can you attach images? There's probably dick pics if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

is face book like that thing from evil dead? ive always wanted one of those things.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Keep reading, some of those messages might be critically important.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Facebook is the repository for all my fun pictures from my 10-20 years ago

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Smugworth posted:

Facebook is the repository for all my fun pictures from my 10-20 years ago

pro tip you can get them to email you a rar of all your pics and posts

i did it before i closed my account

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
all of the people who could be considered sentient were banned from facebook years ago, op

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

BigBadSteve posted:

Keep reading, some of those messages might be critically important.

Ok I did

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

olives black posted:

all of the people who could be considered sentient were banned from facebook years ago, op

Probably true

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you accidentally posted this image to imgur's public gallery, op.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

skim through in case you find the next rick (from nudeweb)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Please forgive the lovely cropping I am posting on my phone and I'm outdoors so it's hard to see the changes in color from message to background. Just for those ocd among us.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you accidentally posted this image to imgur's public gallery, op.

It wasn't an accident.
It doesn't identify me, I cropped identifying stuff out.

I am curious how many other people had no idea this existed and have random messages they never read. So I'm spreading it around a little.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

pro tip you can get them to email you a rar of all your pics and posts

i did it before i closed my account

poo poo I wish my wife would have done this before she got hacked out of her account

She's very upset

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It looks like what happened is these were group messages and everyone else that was part of the group messages has long since left the group probably at an appropriate time. I just stayed on forever apparently.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Dixville posted:

It looks like what happened is these were group messages and everyone else that was part of the group messages has long since left the group probably at an appropriate time. I just stayed on forever apparently.

they've all ascended to the metaverse

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

This is probably something I didn't go to. I used to flake out a lot before I got on psych meds. I still do sometimes. I have anxiety about social situations like a true goon.

Also I haven't thought about Mr. Gatti's in ages. Are they still around? Weren't they a big chain or was it more local?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

holy poo poo thanks so much for telling me about this, Dixville.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I didn't go to this as far as I remember, I even had torn pajamas to wear (I had short hair at the time so it fit) but I chickened out at the last minute. This was my freshman year of undergrad.
Edit - why is this coming up as webp? I are not good with computer and I might have had an edible earlier so if someone can figure out how to embed it pls help kthnx

Dixville fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 7, 2023

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Lol imgur is downvoting my images, they must think it's boring. Well I think it's interesting!! I seriously just wonder how many people are as stupid as me and had no idea about this feature of Facebook, possibly missing things that would have mattered at the time.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Dixville posted:

I didn't go to this as far as I remember, I even had torn pajamas to wear (I had short hair at the time so it fit) but I chickened out at the last minute. This was my freshman year of undergrad.
Edit - why is this coming up as webp? I are not good with computer and I might have had an edible earlier so if someone can figure out how to embed it pls help kthnx

don't we have a high/drunkposting thread already

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I think I figured out what I did I just have to go back and edit my post. Anyway here's another one:

Wonder if this person was mad at me for not bringing a 2 liter. I wonder if I ever added them as a friend whoever they are. I guess it would just turn in to a regular message in that case? I don't know how that works.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

olives black posted:

don't we have a high/drunkposting thread already

It's every thread nowadays op sorry to break this horrible news

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Ok I didn't figure it out and I'm gonna take a break for now. Or possibly read and screencap more messages. The world is my oyster

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Oh poo poo. I just realized I can reply to these messages. But I'm thinking the people that sent them may have deleted their account, therefore leaving their identity as "Facebook user." I'm going to try replying to the first one...

Fake edit - it just says couldn't send, oh well.

So I guess all these messages are only people and organizations who deleted their Facebook? I'm not entirely sure.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Ok the rest of it wasn't super interesting though I might post the nostalgic ones I found just for fun. Most of it is actual spam and creepy people including one guy I talked to on some dating app and apparently he looked up my Facebook and tried to contact me after I stopped replying. He has since unsent the messages. Wonder what it said...Hopefully no death threats :ohdear:

Also one has a bunch of people in it and they posted their addresses. Probably none of them still live there, otherwise I might have sent someone I haven't talked to in a long time a card or something.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seems a mystery is afoot

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Check your walls for strange messages op

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Here's some more I thought were mildly interesting
I can't figure out how-to embed because it's doing the .webp thing so you'll have to go to imgur (I'm so sorry)

https://imgur.io/gallery/aqsVWkG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Those are Mark Zuckerberg's personal messages

Def keep reading