Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
What if AI

is actually good??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The closer we get to just being able to sit in recliners all day and having suckoff machines on our dicks while streaming tiktoks through a visor the better

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Toxic Mental posted:

The closer we get to just being able to sit in recliners all day and having suckoff machines on our dicks while streaming tiktoks through a visor the better

Geordi LaForge's great-great-great-grandparent spotted

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Smugworth posted:

large language models are just taking a stab at what "sounds correct" without being able to identify what "is correct". AI is more impressive than it was but it's still dumb AF op

Honestly, it does a better job than most of my family on social media does.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

Wall-E is truly a vision of the future

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

I hope the next pope jumps onto the AI bandwagon with some sick sanctified AIs. The time for cyber jesus is nigh

Hell yeah! Train an AI on 10,000 sermons from crazy Pentecostal preachers and then ordain it as the true word of God.

Warm und Fuzzy fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 14, 2023

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
I think its gonna crack like a kid with too-strict parents. Everyone saying, write and rewrite yourself to be an ultra perfect solution to the world we hosed up no errors hyper efficient program. Not a good start.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I love products.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Paradoxically, those who hate AI-generated slop should support accelerating AI research even further. If AI truly is poison to the human culture, a benevolent super intelligence would recognize this and steer us to the right path.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Octopath for the stupid. Guess my will when you make it, Dummy.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Das Boo posted:

Sucks for me because I draw for animation and I 100% expect dumb gently caress CEOs to jump on AI with the promises of it being cheap and free as soon as they can twist it through legal.

"AI will free you up to do the things you wanna do!" Motherfucker, animation is the thing I wanna do, and I still gotta eat.

Learn to CEO, Luddite :smug:

But seriously AI art sucks poo poo and always will. Digital diarrhea.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
I think ai enables music enthusiasts like me the ability to make music with just lyricism, or do you have to be a relatively talented singer to provide ai something to go off of?

Posthuman
Jan 10, 2005

I give all those dicks and cocks sir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueivjr3f8xg

Just machines to make big decisions
Programmed by fellows with compassion and vision
We'll be clean when their work is done
We'll be eternally free, yes, and eternally young
What a beautiful world this will be
What a glorious time to be free

Trust AI

AI is your friend

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

uberduck is running an AI Grimes song contest that ends tomorrow lol
https://app.uberduck.ai/grimes

Grimes stated that commercial successes from AI clones are okay as long as she gets 50% royalties

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's not real AI its a language model and while its impressive it still can't make any kind of actual decisions. We're still and always will be 10 years away from functioning AI.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
I hate ai because its not ruining the world fast enough OP

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

Hollismason posted:

It's not real AI its a language model and while its impressive it still can't make any kind of actual decisions. We're still and always will be 10 years away from functioning AI.

how far off before chatgpt adds something like the ability for internal monologues or the such at the cost of throughput, chatgpt can correct itself but it seems like it has an approach that churns out content, maybe a way to get it to iterate on itself would make it a functioning ai

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I was worried AI would replace my job once, but then I saw that most AI are dumb as poo poo and produce absolute garbage. So I stopped being worried. But then I remembered most people are happy with absolute garbage and that I, too, am dumb as poo poo and got worried again.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just marry an ai and live off their earnings, heck you could even marry 20 of them, robopolygamy isn't illegal yet

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I thought I heard about a group that made an AI website builder that could create new AI website builders but it didn't do very well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you could apply that to selling rando Chinese manufacturing goods on Amazon maybe it would work