Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I love watching films and discussing them, it's a really powerful artform etc. etc. The technology behind film production is also interesting, but I get just a little bit squeamish when I think about any of the people involved, like it's just very strange that there are a bunch of people somewhere pretending to be other people, being told how to behave, inserting their own life into the actors actions, with every detail of their look fussed over by a whole team while some freako director of photography zooms a bunch of cameras into their faces. and then there's the post production team all hunched up in a dark room endlessly going over the footage! really hosed up imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
buddy wait til you learn how people watch the drat things, let alone make em

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I, Butthole posted:

watching them is like gossiping or peeking through an open gate to see what people are up to on the other side - invasive but totally normal thing to do. participating in putting than on as a show though? Messed up

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Editing poo poo is wild, respect for the pyschos who do it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s awesome and fun actually

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

It’s awesome and fun actually

Making movies, editing or both? Lol

Making movies was fun as hell, I miss doing it. I even miss editing footage, it's just not something I could do full time. It's mentally draining in a way talking with the cast about directions and running a camera weren't for me.

My only experiences were amateur as hell poo poo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All of it, it’s just fun. It’s fun to pretend and do silly poo poo. It can be super stressful but idk. It can be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I, Butthole posted:

I can’t believe I even have to say this…