Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’ve been pulling off double shifts at the toilet store, busting my rear end, and now it’s finally all settled. You see, I was picked for a contestant on Jeopardy! and man, I thought I had that poo poo in the bag. God I was so nervous for the show. I toked up a fatty by the loading dock beforehand, and as I was walking by the green room a bloke waved me in. They were passing around a decorative silver mirror with chopped up caffeine pills on it, coffee maker was busted. Probably a prop from Days of our Lives or something. I had heard rumors of Alex Trebeck being a wildman off set and I wanted to live up to the image. No sooner do I blast a rail off this thing does Trebeck amble in behind me, gently grasping my shoulders, and leans in with a breathy note, breath smelling of tic tacs and cottage cheese, and says to me “be sure you can handle your drugs, fella”.

I almost poo poo, but tightened my sphincter and with resolved constitution entered into a zone of lazer focused awareness. I felt confident, like all the scholastic, rhetorical, and trivial knowledge of my life was osmotically being an absorbed into my body like a warm, radiant light. I walked out onto the set and it felt like everything was destiny, like I had the prowess of a lion and the muted cheers would carry me to a higher realm of gameplay.

Well you know what? Apparently “what are the dark arts?” is not the answer to every Jeopardy question. Yeah I am extremely good on the buzzer, I click a pen all day at my receptionist job at the 24 hour toilet store. Total domination of the board, dangerous levels of abstract reasoning while stoned.

Turns out Jeopardy! is really about their money. I ended up about $22k in debt to the show from all the wrong answers, in addition to my outburst when I couldn’t participate in the Daily Double. Trebeck was backstage and gracious enough to let me sign up for a payment plan. I knew the next few years were going to be hell at the Toilet Store, but I actually feared this tall Canadian man’s wrath a little. And with good reason. After the show he would just pop up places I go. I’d be riding my bike in the mornings and he would cut me off at the same place in his grey joggers and hood and wave to me. When I was eating some moons over my hammy at Dennys he would come in and run the back of his hand gently on the nape of my neck. I had to call him “mr trebeck” if I ever had anything to say to him.

Happy to say I can call him Alex now. I don’t see him anywhere near as often lately. Sometimes I still watch jeopardy! and think about things. I saw Alex in the mall and got up the courage to walk over and talk to him. The only words could think of were “what are the dark arts, alex?” To which he replied “if ya gotta ask you’ll never know” :mmmsmug: :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Simpsons did it first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_hcC3lRds&t=9s

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

Pay Trebeck or get wrecked :shrug:

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Hey, what are the high volume sellers at the toilet store anyway? I've been hoping Herman Miller would finally get in on that game, I could really use some lumbar support on those days when the plumbing's a bit backed up, if you catch my drift.

I'm guessing you make most of the real money off upsells to bidets and taint swizzlers and that kind of thing?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Taint Swizzler? I thought they closed that place down!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
you're no hakan

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
why does Jeopardy have a loading dock

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Son of a bitch. :cripes:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

tell alex he owes me 3.5g of decent weed

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

tell alex he owes me 3.5g of decent weed

Be careful, he is deep into the dark arts. :tinfoil:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
wb CB (:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
You should attack Trebek physically with you fists and gnashing teeth, OP.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Alex Trebek is dead, I regret to inform you

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Peggy Edson posted:

Have you seen his body or do you just blindly believe what the media tells you?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Peggy Edson posted:

Then who the gently caress did I just give 22K to? GODDAMN YOU DARK ARTS!!! :argh:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol cb came off his 30 day absolutely raring to go

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the dark farts lol

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys know nothing of the dark arts :airquote:, and I pity you.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol cb came off his 30 day absolutely raring to go

yeah but

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Happy to say I can call him Alex now. I don’t see him anywhere near as often lately. Sometimes I still watch jeopardy! and think about things. I saw Alex in the mall and got up the courage to walk over and talk to him. The only words could think of were “what are the dark arts, alex?” To which he replied “if ya gotta ask you’ll never know” :mmmsmug: :wink:

is a hopeful end to the story and I think if we break it down Clammy's telling us he got some medication and is doing much better

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

LaserPrinter69 posted:

well they can't exactly grow answers in the back lot, the climate's all wrong

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
"I'll try something awful for $400, Alex."

THE PINK FORUM

"What is DPPH?"

"Correct"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
jimmy pardo should host jeopardy because then you could call it jimpardoy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Alex is just preparing clam to be Jeopardy’s next host, which is a move of pure genius imo

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Then who the gently caress did I just give 22K to? GODDAMN YOU DARK ARTS!!! :argh:

You probably gave the money to Alek Trebex. Real rookie mistake there.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Alex is just preparing clam to be Jeopardy’s next host, which is a move of pure genius imo

Yeah the contestants will be all like “uhuhuh bwuhhuh what is Boston, MA?” And I’ll be like “what you don’t know you loving idiot? The answer is right up there on the loving board, they already gave you the answer. Stop asking me questions you loving tit.” :jerkbag:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LaserPrinter69 posted:

There are like 33 TVs they gotta schlep every time. :shrug:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

yeah but

is a hopeful end to the story and I think if we break it down Clammy's telling us he got some medication and is doing much better

oh for sure. that much is clear

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
This is the most legible Clam post I have ever read.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Taint Swizzler? I thought they closed that place down!

Don’t worry, pal, I’m sure your loyalty card is still valid

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Why does the 24 hr toilet store have a receptionist

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

yeah but

you love to see it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Order for Mr Trebek, its 1000 lbs of sod from the siam sod center. sold by mr ari hashimoto. UPS trucks inbound.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

numberoneposter posted:

Order for Mr Trebek, its 1000 lbs of sod from the siam sod center. sold by mr ari hashimoto. UPS trucks inbound.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You also need the digit function on point reflexively. Doink!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Why does the 24 hr toilet store have a receptionist

Guaranteed pickup within two rings or the first flush is free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!