Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Wanna see Nazis get exploded by an angry Finnish gold miner in WW2?

Wanna see the beautiful landscape of Lapland - when it isn't covered in Nazi body parts?

Wanna see a dude who makes John Wick and the Terminator look like amateurs?

If you do, watch "Sisu", available for rent on some streaming services and also in a limited theatrical release.

I went into this completely blind except for seeing a review headline that said "the most fun you'll have watching Nazis get killed", and I was completely blown away by how much fun this film is, in a :stonk: :tviv: kinda way.

Maybe it was just the state of mind I was in- couldn't sleep, stoned, and wanting some mindless action on my screen - but goddamn I was smiling the entire time watching this.

It's a Finnish/English production with little dialogue and lots of balls to the wall action. There are no lessons to be learned other than "Nazis bad" and "dont gently caress with an old Finn". The last line of the film had me howling.

I haven't seen any trailers for it, but I suspect they might ruin the surprise. So if this sounds like something you'd like, give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Saw it back in January when it opened in Finland and yeah it's fun. A little repetitive and light on plot but that doesn't really matter if you just want to see Nazis get wrecked. I'd recommend watching the trailer if you wanna see what the tone/visuals/action is going to look like but the trailer also shows most of the best bits so maybe don't watch it. Just go in blind. It's 80's action movie sensibilities with a modern touch and beautiful barren Laplandscapes.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

This is playing at a local indie theatre. Maybe I'll do see it then.

Thanks goons!

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

not trolled not crying posted:

Saw it back in January when it opened in Finland and yeah it's fun. A little repetitive and light on plot but that doesn't really matter if you just want to see Nazis get wrecked. I'd recommend watching the trailer if you wanna see what the tone/visuals/action is going to look like but the trailer also shows most of the best bits so maybe don't watch it. Just go in blind. It's 80's action movie sensibilities with a modern touch and beautiful barren Laplandscapes.

good to hear, looks like a fun movie. Also, gently caress nazis.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Should be on MAX pretty soon op, I’mma watch it then, looks like a lot of good clean Nazi blastin fun!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Should be on MAX pretty soon op, I’mma watch it then, looks like a lot of good clean Nazi blastin fun!

Thanks for the heads up on this, Finns rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I hear in an earlier version the Finn was allied with the Nazis