Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I figured it would probably be some fun if we all sat around and talked about Kurt Vonnegut for a while. He is known to be a pretty good writer and has released at least two books. I just read the Slaughterhouse-Five graphic novel by the Dinosaur Comics guy and thought it had creative imagery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
"Babies full of rabies! Yes yes."

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrRZ05rjr8M

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
galápagos is the only ebook on my phone and i read a few pages whenever I'm stuck somewhere with no internet. i haven't made it very far

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
according to Wikipedia the audiobook version is narrated by the guy from Korn

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Blue Beard best Vonnegut. Which, I honestly can't explain why, I think I just love the character of Rabo. Probably the most straightforward of any of Vonnegut's plots, with very little of his usual absurdism. The final reveal was very satisfying too.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Call me basic but I love Breakfast of Champions

s_c_a_r_e_
May 9, 2003
i have read almost all of his books (maybe all?) and enjoyed them, which is pretty rare for an author.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

my only problem with Vonnegutt is that his style is so distinctive, and his characters and concepts thread through every book, I constantly forget what books of his I've read. I think I've read Breakfast of Champions 3 times, and only because I forgot that I read it already.

love him though. breakfast of champions always make me pause and think for a bit between significant passages.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Cat's cradle! Cat's cradle! *holds up hands wrapped in string*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the bit in Breakfast of Champions about Veterans Day is my favorite thing he's ever done

Sirens of Titan is the best book tho don't know why everyone sleeps on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I like Jailbird