Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prescott
May 16, 2023

I’m reading the Bible so I can teach the zombies about Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Gay back then gay today

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Gay back then gay today

:emptyquote:

Tag yourself as the still-ongoing megathreads. I'm OSHA

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
What a time to be alive

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Mid-tenths interweb times were fuckin wild man, said no one ever

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Dad gay so what?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Vampire Panties posted:

:emptyquote:

Tag yourself as the still-ongoing megathreads. I'm OSHA

The OSHA thread has been rebooted at least once since then, possibly more. :pseudo:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I prefer GBS March 2006 OP

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

jack for congress posted:

Hmm... Since the mod history thing started and what I can remember... 1 permaban, 2 or 3 other accounts banned, 2 more bans for getfiscal, 1 or 2 hellbans, 1 FYAD-only and 7 probations. And back when such things were popular for god know's why, a lot of dumb fighting going on in the custom title. Fortunately people liked looking at Audrey so much that I didn't sink much money into all of that.

Strangely I tend to be banned for something totally innocuous, usually a simple throwaway joke taken out of context. I think I stand out as the kind of person that should be banned, because of the dumb jokes I tend to make. So usually after a few jokes the antennas go up and I get clipped for pretty much anything. But good times, it is just an amicable disagreement over what kind of moderation is productive. And maybe whether GBS is at its best with "kill her and then yourself" trainwrecks or with pages of vapid E/N threads. I don't understand why people who would get seriously angry about it keep coming back.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Prescott
May 16, 2023

EorayMel posted:

I prefer GBS March 2006 OP

I’d give anything to go back.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I would welcome the king back with open arms should he decide to return

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Prescott posted:

I’d give anything to go back.

EorayMel posted:

whether GBS is at its best with "kill her and then yourself" trainwrecks

GBS 2006 actually sucked

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

gbs used to be freaking epic.......

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Vampire Panties posted:

GBS 2006 actually sucked

I didn't reg until March 07, so this checks out

Prescott
May 16, 2023

May 2016

Shadow posted:

Back on topic. I just miss the old threads that used to engage you for days. And the discussions were so well thought out, and the grammar and all that poo poo was mandatory so people really did proof read before posting. Or they'd be called out for being retarded.

This was, keep in mind, people from the first generation (by modern definition) Internet. Those people were nerds, geeks, incredibly smart, or social outcasts. The discussions were mainly scientific, logical, interesting, intellectual, or hilarious because people are making GBS threads their pants. Or sCary tells about his day at the coffee shop. It was a great time to be online because the riff raff weren't there, but later joined as "AOLers". These communities propped up and we had an outlet to hate on idiots, continue our discussions, and read about more hideous beasts talking about their sex life (Pele).

So basically what I'm saying is, it was a cooler Internet. Then Friendster, HotOrNot, Google, MySpace, and Twitter happened and it all kinda led to where we are today. It attracted a lot of trash. Then millennials. So trash, like I said. And then Facebook made it explode and now we even have our grandmas sending us silly poo poo.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Vampire Panties posted:

GBS 2006 actually sucked

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
haha you hadnt found dark mode yet? fail.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

light mmode more like shite mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I lurked in 2006-2007 but have no recollection if I checked out GBS or not.

I used to drink a lot.