Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Way to double down on the racism, game. The Romani being criminals is the oldest and most persistant prejudice of them all.

Anyhow, I guess "Vana" could be shorthand for "Ivana" - it's not one that would be used around Czech speakers, though, since it's also a word that means "bath".

I have no idea what Mozart means by "a bohemian" here. The guard doesn't seem to be much of an artist.On the other hand, big props for statues on the bridge being the real ones.

The ancient Egyptian/modern watch discrepancy could probably be explained easily - secret societies tended to jump on anything even slightly magical-looking and happily incorporated it into their mythologies, and the Freemansons frequently used pyramids in their imagery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

This video is chapters twelve and thirteen in their entirety. Mozart returns to the theatre to claim the money owed to him and then he returns to the hotel to collect his watch from the hotel owner.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I didn't realise that this video has been partially blocked due to the music played during the baton sequence. I've submitted an edit to the video which may take a while to take place but it does mean that the audio between 08:05 and 09:31 will be muted.

I recorded this a couple of hours before work and it only finished processing a few minutes before the time that I needed to leave. I just clicked straight through to publishing and posting without reviewing anything. I apologise for any inconvenience.

The video is still processing but hopefully it will be done by the time that I finish work, I'll repost the link once it's done. The video is still up and available to watch, but until the edit has been processed it may be blocked for you.

According to YouTube, this is the offending piece of music that has caused all of this hullabaloo:

Die Zauberflöte, K. 620, Act II: Arie. Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen by Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Sir Charles Mackerras, June Anderson.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

This video is chapters twelve and thirteen in their entirety. Mozart returns to the theatre to claim the money owed to him and then he returns to the hotel to collect his watch from the hotel owner.

I believe that this video is now watchable universally. Please let me know if there are any further issues.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, besides from the extreme lighting problems, and the complete silence at the stage... it's watchable.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Samovar posted:

Well, besides from the extreme lighting problems, and the complete silence at the stage... it's watchable.

I wasn't wrong there, I didn't say it was any good or actually worth watching though...

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I have mixed feelings about the innkeeper. Despite destroying the watch, at least he still did Mozart a solid by distracting the guard for free (instead of demanding another watch) but now he has the gall to demand that he never come back?

Mozart has been nothing but fair and honest from what we’ve seen. It’s kind of unreal that he has been treated as if he were the opposite.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This video is chapter fourteen in its entirety and it's a lengthy one. Now that we're heading towards the final few chapters the plot device is firmly in play, so this video contains a lot of dialogue and a variety of puzzles. This was my second attempt at recording this update as my brain fizzled out the first time around with trying to progress, I don't think it was quite there this time around but at least I managed to get through it one piece even if it did feel a bit messy.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Not only has this update made the plot mote coherent, it’s also made it quite fascinating.

I can see how they could have built a long series of games off of a premise of a renowned musician breaking secret conspiracies with just his presence, using an 18th century setting. I’m still not a fan of the repeat “puzzles”, though.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This video is chapter fifteen in its entirety. It's only a short video but it is sandwiched between two lengthy chapters. I apologise for waffling on with some bollocks here and there, I was a little tired while recording this and my commentary feels a little messy. I won't be free to do any recording this weekend so I recorded this last night when I had a chance to.

sb hermit posted:

Not only has this update made the plot mote coherent, it’s also made it quite fascinating.

I can see how they could have built a long series of games off of a premise of a renowned musician breaking secret conspiracies with just his presence, using an 18th century setting. I’m still not a fan of the repeat “puzzles”, though.

This chapter reminded me somewhat of the Sherlock Holmes games.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not much to add from me, but hey, the story is getting genuinely compelling. Here I thought mechanical mind-control bugs were the height of it.

Anyhow, the astronomical clock is real and quite a popular tourist destination so it makes sense they'd do something with it. No secret passages as far as I'm aware, sorry.

The lightning arcs are probably a reference to many, many conspiracy theories about ancient peoples knowing how to use electricity ("but how did they build the pyramids?") mostly based on questionable interepretation of archaeological finds finds like the Baghdad Battery.

Mozart calling the parrot "Papageno" is a bit cute; the word is close to Papagei (German for "parrot") but it's also the name of a character in his final opera, The Magic Flute - not written yet by the time the game is taking place.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 8, 2023

Kangra
May 7, 2012

You had Leyden jars which could store charge by then, but they wouldn't have the voltage to arc that far across or to maintain it. In Mozart's time there may have been some early static electricity generators, but nothing powerful enough to block his path. Not to mention that that set-up might well have arced to him as he got near it.

The real-life Rosicrucians have built an Egyptian burial chamber inside a building near where I live, but they do not block off the elevator to it with electrical arcs, as it'd likely violate the ADA. (It's a museum.)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

that elevator feels so random

it reminds me of the elevator in Fable, which was sitting there in the middle of the game with no purpose, until late in the game when it could be used to gain access to earlier areas

not that we had any similar foreshadowing here, but an elevator being a shortcut between two (seemingly) disparate places seems hilarious to me

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this video, Mozart explores the reversed pyramid and uncovers more than he bargained for. This is the penultimate video for this LP, I didn't realise just how close we were to the end. I feel like playing through Normality again so I will be recording my experiences of returning to it again. It's also going to be nice to return to something familiar before pushing off into more unknown territory.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I can’t believe they just left Mozart alone with his inventory, instead of locking him up.

It’s like they want their plans to be foiled.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I was presumptuous in my previous statement. I believed that the next chapter was short as there was only a small amount of text contained in the guide that im using. It turns out that the text says that they've decided not to provide any form of guide or hints for the final chapter. This isn't exactly a taxing game so the gameplay is a breeze, the puzzles are what consume the most amount of time.

sb hermit posted:

I can’t believe they just left Mozart alone with his inventory, instead of locking him up.

It’s like they want their plans to be foiled.

Either that, or they didn't want to spend the time and money on elaborate puzzles.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the finale of 'Mozart - The Last Secret/The Conspirators of Prague' and it contains the completion of chapters seventeen and eighteen. This is a fairly lengthy video, chapter seventeen is so short it didn't seem to warrant a separate video to itself. The credits start around the 36:35 mark. I spoke in the video about a potential fail state in the game but all it was was flavour text, you have to complete the puzzle correctly in order to proceed. There are two situations where you can fail which does result in a game failure but the developers worked around it, this game gives the illusion of threats to your life but always fails to follow through with it. I recorded both scenes after completing the game and decided to upload the footage here:

Bonus Video - Additional Footage

Thank you, everyone, for being a part of this LP. This was an interesting game and it did have potential with the story, but it was bogged down by repetitive puzzles and a glitchy engine. It was a fun experience though. I mentioned in a previous post that I'm planning an LP of Normality next which I'm looking forward to getting started. I do plan on breaching another obscure game afterwards and it's one that I'm slightly reticent about, I felt that way about Kingdom O' Magic and Rent-A-Hero but this one could be the one that breaks me.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
What a strangely disjointed finale. I'm actually kind of disappointed that all the insanity with mind control bugs, electricity generators and reverse pyramids ended in just a bomb plot. Still, this was one hell of a game to see. Thanks for the LP!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I mentioned in a previous post that I'm planning an LP of Normality next which I'm looking forward to getting started. I do plan on breaching another obscure game afterwards and it's one that I'm slightly reticent about, I felt that way about Kingdom O' Magic and Rent-A-Hero but this one could be the one that breaks me.

:ohdearsass:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Narrator: adventure did not call Mozart for a new mission.