Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

Who the gently caress cares about your dishwasher? Shelves, pepper cannons, baskets to contain dirty laundry, these are the types of things people want to talk about.

☝️☝️☝️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Did you check inside the dishwasher before you had it installed. Often that's how sieges are broken, you surround a castle than wait till they need to order in a dishwasher, or washing machine, fridge, or what not. Than when night fall comes one of your soliders hidden inside, sneaks out and opens the front gate.

So like watch out for that.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Does it have a special shelf for dildos & buttplugs or do you have to hoist them up with the cups?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Have you tested the new dishwasher for leaks prior to install?

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Whirlpool gang here. I just installed an aftermarket upgrade to my top rack last week. Aside from all of my wife's collection of HAND WASH ONLY water bottles, everything goes through the dishwasher. I ain't no scrub (pun intended).

I bought a Maytag and it's complete bullshit, shoulda went Whirlpool.

The filter in a Maytag is uncleanable without tearing it apart first. My theory is they glued a piece on that was originally meant to be easily removed so that people would have to buy new filters all the time.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
Bosch crew is severely underrepresented here.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FatCow posted:

Bosch crew is severely underrepresented here.

Bosch crew sucks donkey balls.

Shittly dishwashed donkey balls.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Do you regularly call out the ethnicity of people when recounting things in your life? Maybe you should think about why you do that :shrug:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Vegetable posted:

Do you regularly call out the ethnicity of people when recounting things in your life? Maybe you should think about why you do that :shrug:

On that note, OP… How did you know those guys were Chinese if they didn’t speak any English and tell you?

Very curious, OP. VERRRRRY curious indeed…

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
We're looking at replacing our dishwasher soon. It's still functional but a lot of the moving parts on the drawers are giving out and it's just not great in general. Replacing it is gonna be fun because the previous homeowner put in a dishwasher that was exactly the height between the subfloor and the countertop, and then put in flooring afterwards.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

We're looking at replacing our dishwasher soon. It's still functional but a lot of the moving parts on the drawers are giving out and it's just not great in general. Replacing it is gonna be fun because the previous homeowner put in a dishwasher that was exactly the height between the subfloor and the countertop, and then put in flooring afterwards.

For any semi modern dishwasher you can replace all the wheels and clips and stuff on the drawers for about $15-$20 on Amazon if you know the model number.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

satanic splash-back posted:

For any semi modern dishwasher you can replace all the wheels and clips and stuff on the drawers for about $15-$20 on Amazon if you know the model number.

Yeah, that's our fix for now but we're thinking given the shape it's in we'll probably wind up replacing it within a year anyhow.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

the holy poopacy posted:

Replacing it is gonna be fun because the previous homeowner put in a dishwasher that was exactly the height between the subfloor and the countertop, and then put in flooring afterwards.

Same here except it was us that replaced the flooring so not much we could do. It’s a bitch to get out but the last time I needed to pull the dishwasher out I was able to use a low angle prybar to lift it up just enough to get it over the lip of the flooring.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Same here except it was us that replaced the flooring so not much we could do. It’s a bitch to get out but the last time I needed to pull the dishwasher out I was able to use a low angle prybar to lift it up just enough to get it over the lip of the flooring.

I've had portables twice in the past, one full-size and one half-size or so, and part of me really prefers them to installed dishwashers. If you have enough room in a kitchen then rolling a portable over and attaching it to the sink when it needs to run, and having it live elsewhere most of the time is really nice. At my current place the dishwasher is installed, and is some godawful Roper model that is the single loudest appliance I have ever owned.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My own family is Chinese so ethnicity isn’t a issue. I’m just annoyed my landlady exclusively relies on people from her community to address issues rather than professionals as a cost cutting measure. The dishwasher guys did alright, although they didn’t secure the thing in place and got water everywhere during install. They didn’t even know what they were installing until I showed it to them.

The landlady pulled the same poo poo last year when the HVAC was on the fritz, and the little old guy who came out didn’t even bother to try fixing the problem. But that’s another story.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

The landlady pulled the same poo poo last year when the HVAC was on the fritz, and the little old guy who came out didn’t even bother to try fixing the problem. But that’s another story.

Interesting why you thought it necessary to point out the guy's size and age, I'd do some personal reflecting on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dazerbeams posted:

My own family is Chinese so ethnicity isn’t a issue. I’m just annoyed my landlady exclusively relies on people from her community to address issues rather than professionals as a cost cutting measure. The dishwasher guys did alright, although they didn’t secure the thing in place and got water everywhere during install. They didn’t even know what they were installing until I showed it to them.

Tell us the HVAC repair story please.