Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm glad I jumped back in this week even though I'm pretty certain my entry is a load of hot poop

you and me both and probably other people too!

mine really could used another editorial pass oh well too late now :o

shwinnebego fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I just wanna thank Thunderdome for existing, lmao. I had the genre beaten out of me in high school/college creative writing ("does this HAVE to be set in space? Does this NEED to have magic? Romances are stupid and boring, you should write something serious!" etc) until all I turned in was homogenized, "well written", incredibly boring contemporary adult fiction slop that my profs loved but everyone else seemed to hate, so I'm kicking my inner voice that says poo poo like "journal style?? why are you writing like a teenager trying to sound cool?" because it's serving nobody. Thanks. :shobon:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

you can include weird stuff in literary fiction but only provided you stash it in between a bunch of unbearable stuff about tennis statistics and heroin addicts who for some reason all act like alcoholics

otherwise if you wanna be really literary you just have to write about university professors having affairs with much younger students, and how emotionally difficult it is for the professor

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I just wanna thank Thunderdome for existing, lmao. I had the genre beaten out of me in high school/college creative writing ("does this HAVE to be set in space? Does this NEED to have magic? Romances are stupid and boring, you should write something serious!" etc) until all I turned in was homogenized, "well written", incredibly boring contemporary adult fiction slop that my profs loved but everyone else seemed to hate, so I'm kicking my inner voice that says poo poo like "journal style?? why are you writing like a teenager trying to sound cool?" because it's serving nobody. Thanks. :shobon:

Very same.

It's probably very obvious from the subject of my story this week. :buddy: