Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/NathanGraviteh/status/1674460458135216128

Is this good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

neoaxd posted:

Habs draft Arber Xhekaj's little brother. haha ok why not

Bell centre is gonna have the best internet connection in the league

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Well he is apparently good enough to play in the NCAA next season. When was the last time a random GTA high school player was drafted, let alone turned into anything?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Matt Zerella posted:

I guess the Rangers hiring Dan Muse as a coach means they're all in on USNTDP players?

The two guys they've drafted so far are also both going to Boston College.

CBJSprague24 posted:

That's the second time in recent memory their first round pick from Michigan gets to bring a friend. :3:

I'm wondering if there's a certain benefit here beyond camaraderie. In NYR's case, Dan Muse was on the USNTDP staff and that program is sending a lot of players including high-end talents to BC, including #4 Will Smith and #8 Ryan Leonard, the Rangers picks of Gabe Perreault and Drew Fortescue, as well as Will Vote and Aram Minnetian. Is there any connection from CBJ staff to Michigan?

I'd guess a lot of it has to do with confidence in the school's hockey program and ability to develop players. I'm curious if anyone has any other insights or ideas.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Canucks grabbing Macklin Celebrini’s big bro to ease his pain next June

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Zodijackylite posted:

The two guys they've drafted so far are also both going to Boston College.

I'm wondering if there's a certain benefit here beyond camaraderie. In NYR's case, Dan Muse was on the USNTDP staff and that program is sending a lot of players including high-end talents to BC, including #4 Will Smith and #8 Ryan Leonard, the Rangers picks of Gabe Perreault and Drew Fortescue, as well as Will Vote and Aram Minnetian. Is there any connection from CBJ staff to Michigan?

Not that I'm aware. They've done it in two different fashions, too; in the other, Johnson was drafted and Blankenburg was an undrafted free agent signed immediately after that College season to follow KJ to Columbus (they were college roommates).

Whether it was having a familiar face there is unclear, but he proved to be at least a solid bottom four defenseman immediately.

E- bottom 4, not bottom 6. Duh.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 29, 2023

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

I guess the Rangers hiring Dan Muse as a coach means they're all in on USNTDP players?

good. gently caress Canada. USA Hockey #1 baby

(i miss best on best international hockey)

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

yeah that’s exactly what they should be doing imo. you can find depth guys. harder to find talent. need to take big swings

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Don’t have a pick until the third round and Pierre and the Sens immediately get to work drafting a large defenseman with “poor hockey IQ” 60 picks early

Stop the pain

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Extremely unlikely it all pans out like that but sure it’s good to swing on high upside
They could also all bust
My only issue is when people post like it’s a sure thing all these guys are steals or going to “pop” etc

E: I mean the guy is saying “best draft ever for any team” cmon

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Levitate posted:

Extremely unlikely it all pans out like that but sure it’s good to swing on high upside
They could also all bust
My only issue is when people post like it’s a sure thing all these guys are steals or going to “pop” etc

E: I mean the guy is saying “best draft ever for any team” cmon

all the post draft winner and loser stuff is dumb. with the exception of like the top 1-3 picks and the LOL teams like arizona, no one has any idea on most of these guys. Yzerman was getting dunked on for drafting seider and it panned out well. similarly, taking zadina was a massive steal by holland, and, welp.

that being said, i kinda wish yzerman was taking more swings for the fences

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Canucks drafted Macklin Celebrini's brother lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Well the Stars didn't really get much out of this draft owing to their selections starting at 60 and then proceeding from there at the end of each round. I think they are firmly in the territory of hoping that 1 of their picks turns out to be a NHL player, but I guess that's most drafts for most teams.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Flyers drafted my coworker’s son, RIP.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Yes. Unless they're bad. Or get hot brained along their development a bunch. Or break a hip/leg/knees or 8000 other things. Or have Beau disease. Or are allergic to the foam in their pads. Or hate Ohio.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Probably one of the better Sharks drafts I can recal. Perfectly happy with the Musty / Smith duo in the first round. Halttonen and Svoboda with their 3rd/4th picks were admittedly real head-scratchers - there were much more interesting players still available, some even projected high first round . Cagnoni at the tail end of the 4th round felt like a steal, though, and the rest were whatever shots in the dark (though I guess Rimashevsky is supposed to have some skill).

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gerblederp posted:

Flyers drafted my coworker’s son, RIP.

You work with Mike Knuble?

That's sounds fun

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Yes. Unless they're bad. Or get hot brained along their development a bunch. Or break a hip/leg/knees or 8000 other things. Or have Beau disease. Or are allergic to the foam in their pads. Or hate Ohio.

man could you be any more miserable? the Pens haven't even traded for a 32 year old in the past day or so

ThinkTank posted:

The Canucks drafted Macklin Celebrini's brother lol

Any chance he was a Canucks fan growing up?

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 29, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Adding to the Michigan chat from earlier, Columbus' 66th and 98th picks, for what it's worth, are both from Youngstown of the USHL.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

T-Bone posted:

Vancouver is set for fanfics for the next two decades. Back to back 1st overalls from the city, both huge Canuck fans growing up.

Chicago and ??? are gonna hate us more than we hate Devils fans for their Hughes drama.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't already daydreamed about a Chicago losing their golden child to us at his first opportunity to skip town. Bedard talks a lot about becoming a fan around 2011.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Hughes reunion is canon though.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

You work with Mike Knuble?

That's sounds fun

Well he certainly doesn't work with Mr. Michkov.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I know nothing of him, but Macklin Celebrini is a huge Canucks fan (like bedard). His dad worked for the team for a long time.

Celebrini was quoted as saying the Canucks should be rebuilding which makes him smarter than all of management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NHLNetwork/status/1674489358382932008?t=t6J8oMvTMFnP-pRvJdRrfw&s=19

:lol: yessss, Terminator got to announce Mr. Irrelevant