Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

sigher posted:

Destroying ecosystems is bad.

Kill the frogs, get a really aggressive cat.

How much of a gently caress about the ecosystem do you think DeSatan gives? Those frogs being there is due to forces beyond your control, op. Florida doesn't want to be saved and you shouldn't waste your efforts. LOL I'm probably violating one of Florida's facist rear end laws just stating how much florida sucks poo poo.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Play Crono Trigger and then ask yourself in the question in the mirror OP

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
Nah.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Stock your koi pond with piranha.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
It's kill or be killed. Cuban Palm Frog or OP.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

OP what does your state DNR say to do? Frogs may be a pain in the rear end, but the eggs are the problem really. Maybe you can find a frog egg specific poison recommendation on their website.

It’s an invasive species, sad and all but they gotta go.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

University of Florida: College of Frog Killing: 104 - Frog Wrangling posted:

To humanely euthanize a Cuban treefrog, you must first capture it; there are several effective methods for doing this. The first is to simply grab the frog from a window, wall, or other perch site...Approach quickly and decisively, and with a continuous, swift movement firmly grab the frog (Figure 12). Maintain a firm grip on the frog and then simply tie the bag shut to contain the frog.

Then Freeze

University of Florida: College of Frog Killing: 202 - Icing Amphibians posted:

The easiest way to humanely euthanize a Cuban treefrog is to place the bagged frog in a refrigerator for 3–4 hours and then transfer it to a freezer for an additional 24 hours. The initial cool-down period in the fridge acts as a physical anesthetic to numb the frog so it does not feel any pain when it freezes.

Or drug them up first

University of Florida: College of Frog Killing: 401 - Fentanyl and Frogs posted:

Alternatively, you can firmly hold a recently captured Cuban treefrog and apply a benzocaine-containing ointment to the frog's back to chemically anesthetize it before placing it into a freezer to ensure death. To do this, apply a 1-inch strip of benzocaine ointment (Orajel is one popular brand) to the frog's back, rub the ointment around so it covers the back, and then after the frog has ceased to move put it in a sealed bag and place in a freezer for 24 hours. After freezing, simply remove the bagged frog from the freezer and dispose of it in the trash

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Do you have access to eels, OP? Then try this:

https://www.tasteatlas.com/neretvanski-brudet

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Kiss the frogs so they will turn into handsome Cubans guilt-free, OP.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
OP hasn't posted in a while. So safe to assume the frogs overpowered and ate them right?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

goatface posted:

The cat is also a problem. So you'll need to get an angry dog.

After that you'll need a goat to swallow the dog, but then you'll have to get a cow to swallow the goat.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Principles of defeating a frog in hand-to-hand combat.

1. Be aggressive
2. Keep your eyes on the opponent
3. Distract the opponent
4. Disable or be disabled
5. Vary the attack to fit the situation
6. Turn the defense into an unrelenting attack
7. Feel superior to the opponent, regardless of the latters' size or the evidence of strength

You know you will have little time to stop and think when engaging in hand-to-hand combat. Therefore your actions must be automatic.
Remember, attack aggressively, with one purpose in mind: To kill.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Get rid of the silly koi pond and the problem will solve itself.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

MasterBuilder posted:

Then Freeze

Or drug them up first

smash it with a shovel actually

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can't you just import a few herons

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Go Cask of Amontillado on them.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Tnuctip posted:

It’s an invasive species, sad and all but they gotta go.

Much like the Burmese pythons, the iguanas, the Cuban anoles, the cane toads (which I’ve just started seeing north of Collier County this year) and every other heat loving invasive, there’s a billion of them and they’re here to stay.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

I'm trying to think of a joke about frogs and the punchline is something like "ribbit for her pleasure" but nothing's coming to me idk maybe someone ask one of those chat ai bots to do the rest?

I gotcha fam :ocelot::clint:

"A guy wore a frog-themed condom for a special night with his lady. Why? It was ribbit for her pleasure"

OP if you tell some local wildlife stewardship nerds about your problem, they might come out and fix it, maybe give you some chill local species to replace the invasives, and possibly doing all the frogmurder for you.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The only way to get rid of an invasive species is make it commercially viable to kill them.

Invasive tilapia are having their progress slowed dramatically because theyre good eating and fisheries have caught on.

Hence in conclusion we need to make eatint poisonous frogs "the next big thing" so private companies will hunt them to local extinction in the quest for money.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just breed the frogs in your common koi pond and make ez $$$ turning them in for a bounty. Worked for snakes!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Those snakes are rich AF. Get in on that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Then they'll start "secure" frog farms which will end up riddled with parasites so that when the inevitable escape happens they decimate native frogs with diseases.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Mistle posted:

OP if you tell some local wildlife stewardship nerds about your problem, they might come out and fix it, maybe give you some chill local species to replace the invasives, and possibly doing all the frogmurder for you.

Are you suggesting the OP hires a hitman to kill the frogs?

Agent 47, this is your target. Don’t be fooled by the moist green skin and large belly - if alerted the target is capable of leaping to safety with tremendous speed. They do have a weakness: lily pads. The property also has a large freezer if you favour a stealthy approach.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The cats out of the bag with unrestricted cross biome travel so maybe its time to relax and let the global ecosystem equalize itself. If it just ends up being a pale blue-green dot covered by kudzu and cuban frogs, so be it :getin:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

screw your courage to the sticking point, op, and strike!

out! out, damned frog!

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

i didn't read the thread did you kill them frogs op

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
just ghet some snakes or a couple really big spiders

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Here's a beginners' guide to frog gigging and cooking frogs' legs.
https://www.outdoorlife.com/beginners-guide-to-gigging-frogs

Enjoy, OP! :discourse:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you defoliate everything within 100 yards they should leave on their own.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Dont be like them op

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Colonel Cancer posted:

Dont be like them op

Back in my day people did their part. Even kids knew to do their part. You don't want to be dumber than a dumb kid do you???

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Just buy some saddles and learn to ride them. Then start a frog ranch.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Have you tried training these frogs to sing and dance to ragtime music? I think that if you did this you would make tons of money and everyone in the world will come see your shows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
drat queer froggers are taking over the community.

Just eat them all.