Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Captain Splendid posted:

The Counselor was bad.

Counterpoint: Cameron Diaz fucks a car.

Warm Fish Salad
Dec 16, 2016

You Compleat Me
I find it beautiful that Blood Meridian experienced a resurgence in popularity just before his death. The universe let him know that we would never forget his work here on Earth!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

“Cormac McCarthy” posted:

The universe is no narrow thing and the order within it is not constrained by any latitude in its conception to repeat what exists in one part in any other part. Even in this world more things exist without our knowledge than with it and the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way. For existence has its own order and that no man’s mind can compass, that mind itself being but a fact among others.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

“Cormac McCarthy” posted:

Someone asked Flannery O’Connor why she wrote, and she said, ‘Because I was good at it.’ And I think that’s the right answer. If you’re good at something it’s very hard not to do it.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Cacator posted:

Counterpoint: Cameron Diaz fucks a car.

lol one woman walked out during that scene

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Captain Splendid posted:

lol one woman walked out during that scene

probably had to pee

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Not everyone's happy jerking in the cinema.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cormac McCarthy and John Romita Sr. collaborating on a great masterpiece that will never be seen by mortal eyes

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
if thomas ligotti dies next i'm going to cry outside a library like that loser did when steve jobs died

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Ermac Maclunkey

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I felt like I'd climbed a mountain or something when I finished Blood Meridian

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

R.L. Stine posted:

he was the only author I cared about and im sad now

Quite a username/post combo there

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Quite a username/post combo there

:golfclap:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Now that he’s dead I almost forgive him for the feel good twist at the end of The Road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckanas
Dec 11, 2004

An extraordinary moron!
I suppose now is as good a time as any to read that copy of The Road I bought years ago.