Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

With the goldmining of the Animorphs thread, I have extracted the following discussion to a new thread.

HonorableTB posted:

I grew up reading Animorphs as a child in the 90s, and to this day I cannot see or hear the word "thermals" without instantly thinking about Animorphs. Now that will be forever linked to Epicurius too. Thanks for everything, Epi. You made the pandemic years a lot easier

I love this, would be happy to buy it as a gangtag for others to use
I love this idea to memorialize Epicurius and this thread that brought so many of you joy during the lockdown phase of the pandemic.

Please HonorableTB confirm with me whether you have succeeded in buying your custom title and have uploaded the gangtag to the server. If you have not yet, I can arrange for this to be uploaded

Should you wish the gangtag, I propose the following:

1. Post your interest in receiving the gangtag.
2. Post a link (personal information obscured of course) to your donation of a minimum of the equivalent of a custom title purchase on SA (iirc $5 or $10) to an accredited heart health charity (e.g., Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation, American Heart Association, etc)
3. If you already have three gangtags, identify which one will be replaced by the Thermals tag

When I return from my long road trip in two weeks I will give you your new Animorphs gangtag!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Follow up: the Thermals gangtag has been uploaded to the server, we are go!

Should you wish to add the tag yourself, I have created the below code that will provide a link to the Animorphs Let's Read thread by clicking the gangtag, just remove the two obvious periods

[.url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917428][.img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/thermalsgang.png[/img][/url]

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i prefer the original

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

that's nice, I can do that as well, whatever folks prefer

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Please replace Braid Tuggers

\/\/ yes, thermals.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 25, 2023

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

will do when I am back home in a few more days, thanks for your donation!

fwiw I am assuming the Thermals tag will be used if not specified

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 24, 2023

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Please and thank you.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Tags now queued!

I will be making a donation myself, first two posters who ask ITT will get a free gangtag. Please consider making a donation however!

If you wish to just buy yourself or another thread star a Thermals tag, the code I am using (which links to the now goldmined thread) is

code:
[url="https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917428"][img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/thermalsgang.png[/img][/url]

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 2, 2023

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Two tags up for grabs!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

What a great poster and what a great read. Thermals me up please! :stoked:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Strategic Tea posted:

What a great poster and what a great read. Thermals me up please! :stoked:

Many thanks! Tag queued

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I will leave this pinned for a while longer, then let it go. Feel free to bump if so! Also two tags are still available for claiming!