Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Which gymnastic rings to buy? Wood, plastic, steel. Eh I bet wood gets dirty and I don't want to deal with chalk. Steel seems like a good way to hit myself with something heavier than I'd like. Plastic can be slippery. Maybe I should get some grip tape. What kind of grip tape? What brand? Well I should probably figure out how to hang them first. Ceiling mount of some sort? Rogue Fitness, Titan or something from Amazon? Maybe a pullup bar? Eh I think ceiling mount of the way to go they look like the other options would be in the way, not as stable as I'd like. How to a hang this? Okay I'll need to find the joists. Metal lath makes things harder. Magnets? Nope. Stud finder? Nope. Knocking? (suggested by a goon) It's subtle and I'm not confident and/or patient enough. Thermal camera? (also suggested by a goon) Sure I have one of those. Oh it is broken? Hmmm. Well seems useful better figure out what thermal camera to get. Iphone attachment? Eh they're going to switch to USB C soon besides I rather have a stand alone unit. What brand? Flir seems to be banking on name recognition. I went with the Topdon tc04 for $260.10. All this is made more difficult by reddit forums going private, amazon reviews not being trustworthy and my desire to not just buy something that isn't garbage but to buy something that is good for a good price.

Anyway post your stories of intending to buy one thing and having things spiral into another/a bunch of things or maybe that time you bought a whole bunch of things hoping to find the perfect thing. I do that too, I've bought so many razors, t-shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
pencilhands somehow makes better threads than you OP

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

EorayMel posted:

There's nothing above the peak that is my posting.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Why cant I buy human poo poo on amazon? This is a clear violation of my constotutional rites. If anyone has human poo poo for sale (from no later than 3 months ago) PLEASE pm me, thank you. Any consistancy will do!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I like this thread, OP, and am excited by its continuation from your previous thread. I am now hooked, as if on a soap opera.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

EorayMel posted:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

flubber nuts posted:

Why cant I buy human poo poo on amazon? This is a clear violation of my constotutional rites. If anyone has human poo poo for sale (from no later than 3 months ago) PLEASE pm me, thank you. Any consistancy will do!

You're posting in a wet turd of a thread, right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

I like this thread, OP, and am excited by its continuation from your previous thread. I am now hooked, as if on a soap opera.

Not the purpose. I can't be the only one who kind of obsesses over what to buy or gets into buying one thing only to end up buying something else. Instead of good posts I get pathetic attempts to dunk on me, it's really kind of sad.