Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Tea Party Crasher posted:

wait, wheel of fortune does something?

Yeah, it gives +1 mult to the tarot joker :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Does anybody else think Gros Michel feels absolutely terrible now? It just never fucks off, now.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

quote:

Banned top-up tag and Antimatter on Jokerless Challenge
Fixed bug where Buffoon Pack could show up in Jokerless challenge

I get it, but I thought it was funny that there was a slim chance to break the terms of the challenge.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I just had a brief glimmer of hope when I got a double tag and was able to open two mega buffoon packs and got hiker along with hack and mystic summit. I was quickly humbled by the wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfBFSCjAeWc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Huh, Burglar circumvents the boss blind forcing only one hand - it takes effect after the blind applies, so you can play 3 instead.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Burglar is a great joker in so many ways.

It beats the needle, it's an income joker, a points joker, scales your scaling jokers harder, and you can copy it with Blueprint/Brainstorm at the start of a blind then switch off it for free.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

MJeff posted:

Does anybody else think Gros Michel feels absolutely terrible now? It just never fucks off, now.

I had a run yesterday where it died 1 round after I got it. I had another a couple of days ago where it lasted almost the whole run. In summary RNG is a land of bananas

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Gros Michel is probably still worth it in the sense of like, it's a strong early joker than can result in an easy xmult joker.

But also holding onto it for too long hoping for it to pop is a fool's game.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Burglar is a great joker in so many ways.

It beats the needle, it's an income joker, a points joker, scales your scaling jokers harder, and you can copy it with Blueprint/Brainstorm at the start of a blind then switch off it for free.

My best run recently was with the green deck, a burglar, a polychromed green Joker, card sharp and ramen. It was a dopamine machine

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Always bet on banana.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I am so anti banana that I had to learn from a streamer about the existence of Cavandish

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

wait, wheel of fortune does something?

I had a run the other day where I was retriggering lucky kings off sock and buskin with business card and oops all 6's and aside from it being hilarious econ (had like 500g by end of ante 8) it was about halfway through the run when I realized my wheels were hitting surprisingly often (basically all my jokers got foiled or holo'd) and why.

I knew from the wording on oops all 6's it must work that way but I have never really considered it before or actively looked for that interaction.

PoundSand fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 28, 2024

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Wee Joker should start at 2, what the gently caress

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Apparently Steam updated the game for me today, is that the big patch or has that not happened yet? I'm not in the beta or whatever

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Wheel of fortune chat: I've only ever had it proc twice, and I buy it whenever it pops up and usually by the back half of a run I'm picking it over most options in tarot packs.

The other side of the coin is that I remember it proccing twice because both times it hit the joker I was planning on keeping with exactly the right edition. I still think they should tank the odds even further and add negative to its potential procs.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

No Wave posted:

You've won gold stake 40 times WITHOUT hitting mask+vampire? Thats insane.

It took me almost double that, but I finally got it this morning. I eventually sold out of mask to sneak Ancient Joker in for the sticker, I'm down to just Glass Card, Chicot, and Perkeo now.

Chicot is the one I'm worried about, the other two I've had runs that hit the one boss that absolutely killed my build (no repeat hands with a Supernova/Card Sharp with Glass Joker, a Crimson Heart that hit the two things it had to hit 3/4 times with Perkeo) but I think my only gold stake Chicot run was one where I had to pick him up and he immediately killed my Joker Stencil build

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Hanging Chad is truly a Chad now, on this run I'm using it to beef up Wee Joker by 24 chips every time I score a 2.

Yesterday's run I got Sock & Buskin, Photograph and two Blueprints and was racking up mults into the stratosphere. Buskin' makes me feel good.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

King Vidiot posted:

Hanging Chad is truly a Chad now, on this run I'm using it to beef up Wee Joker by 24 chips every time I score a 2.

Yesterday's run I got Sock & Buskin, Photograph and two Blueprints and was racking up mults into the stratosphere. Buskin' makes me feel good.

I love hanging chad, it doesn't take much to synergize with it and since you can play a hand in any order you want it's very flexible

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I feel like the needle shouldn't be a run ending boss but everytime I hit it I am NOT prepared and it's dumpstered multiple gold stake runs right as I thought I was about to beat it for the first time. I seem to never hit the boss reroll voucher when I'm doing really well and not only that I didnt realise the "sell this to disable the boss ability" can't be done on the select blind screen and threw a run that way the one time I ran into the needle with it

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I feel like the needle shouldn't be a run ending boss but everytime I hit it I am NOT prepared and it's dumpstered multiple gold stake runs right as I thought I was about to beat it for the first time. I seem to never hit the boss reroll voucher when I'm doing really well and not only that I didnt realise the "sell this to disable the boss ability" can't be done on the select blind screen and threw a run that way the one time I ran into the needle with it
Since the needle is the size of the small blind it's usually one of the easier bosses you can run into in my experience, though it can hit during pretty awkward blinds. Probably one of the "easiest" things you can do when you think it might be a close call with your deck is dig for a judgement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Me posting in the thread about card sharp: gently caress yeah this rules!! I'm going to get this every time

Me encountering the needle with card sharp: well this loving sucks, gently caress this. How was I supposed to prevent this