Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frank Frank posted:

I mean, if you are going to try and argue that loudmouthed “LOOK AT ME” celebrities that are only famous for being famous haven’t had a serious and horrific impact on modern culture, I’m not sure what to say to that

I hate Kim Kardashian as a media phenomenon, but not as a person. I'm pretty sure Nathen is the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

From a quick Google Kim Kardashian is third-generation half-Armenian, her father was born in LA in the 1940's and her mother is not Armenian at all. I know they self-identify as Armenian, but Nathen highlighting that part of her nationality in that context definitely feels targeted. Just your regular unscheduled reminder that he's not just a funny internet personality, he's legitimately a bad person.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
She does activism about recognizing the Armenian Genocide, which makes sense given she's probably the most famous living person of Armenian descent. Like I said, she's not a bad person per se.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Oh poo poo. I thought I wrote entergagement! Nooooooo!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Escape From Noise posted:

Oh poo poo. I thought I wrote entergagement! Nooooooo!

Too late, you are going to fork jail.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Too late, you are going to fork jail.

gently caress!

Tough but fair.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

I mean, if you are going to try and argue that loudmouthed “LOOK AT ME” celebrities that are only famous for being famous haven’t had a serious and horrific impact on modern culture, I’m not sure what to say to that

Not that. When you think of Kim's cultural impact, and things that are celebrated about her, "Armenian Heritage" isn't among them.

No one looks at them and says "wow, they're so in touch with their cultural roots." Or "they really exemplify what it means to be Armenians"

So it's really odd that Nathan honed on on her nationality.

Busters fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 27, 2024

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Busters posted:

Not that. When you think of Kim's cultural impact, and things that are celebrated about her, "Armenian Heritage" isn't among them.

No one looks at them and says "wow, they're so in touch with their cultural roots." Or "they really exemplify what it means to be Armenians"

So it's really odd that Nathan honed on on her nationality.

He probably thinks everybody else shares the same bigoted, demeaning opinion he holds of Armenians and thinks it's a slam dunk to point it out, like a bog-standard 80s era racist.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Escape From Noise posted:

Fork!

Tough but fair.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Or indeed a member of the Gulf gopher class

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yep not to put too fine a point on it but um

Nathen does not seem to be on the side of any ethnic group famous for experiencing genocide

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
He's really repressed so women are a ripe target. Blame Arabiolosis

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yep not to put too fine a point on it but um

Nathen does not seem to be on the side of any ethnic group famous for experiencing genocide

It she be noted here, Nathen views 100% represent all views of Garfield -the cartoon cat created by Jim Davis- past, present, and future.

What you got to be such a lovely bigot Garfield!!!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

temple posted:

Blame Arabiolosis

Literally everyone does

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://x.com/forever_gf618/status/1784367761700880643

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
are movies filmed with a cameraphone now?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Alchemist posted:

Only the good ones. The bad ones are filmed entirely in front of green screen with top of the line digital cameras.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Alchemist posted:

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1784540456912670877

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Alchemist posted:

Yes, if your name is Steven Soderbergh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

lol Nathen thinks that he’s part of a “new generation”