Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Something Awful is dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
You know, I don't think it is. A few years ago, sure, that would make sense to say. But these here forums are still pretty active. I think there's plenty life left to live here.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Killing the front page is the best thing that has happened to the survivability of these dead forums in years.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
i have no front and i must scream

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
Bring back WTF D&D.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I can still find Pop That Corn easily enough.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Lol that the absentee bitcoiner who owns this website has completely given up on it being anything other than an old folks' home for decrepit computer molestors and Posting Is Praxis brainmelts

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that's good. ambition leads to ruin.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Dead serious about going to Itchy and Scratchy Land?

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please

Corn Glizzy posted:

Is it still banable to say the thing?

very glad i scrolled down, because i was about to say it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

spincube posted:

Lol that the absentee bitcoiner who owns this website has completely given up on it being anything other than an old folks' home for decrepit computer molestors and Posting Is Praxis brainmelts

Ambition and "innovation" keeps ruining every other form of social media in existence ... so good.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

spincube posted:

what else do you want it to be?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Is the Mona Lisa dead?

Maybe Jeffrey just appreciates the artistry.

Jeffrey looking at the front page:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

samcarsten posted:

Bring back WTF D&D.

Some other goons tried to bring back Fashion SWAT and it was so bad they never posted again

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It only took, 2 years? to finally make a redirect

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Space Kablooey posted:

look yo, online isn’t easy

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Space Kablooey posted:

Actually almost 3. It was summer 2020 when ownership transferred from Lowtax to Jeffrey and that was the last time the front page was touched.

e: correction, I guess two Photoshop Phridays were posted in April 2021.

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 26, 2023

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Let me run the site. I'll turn it around.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

that's good. ambition leads to ruin.

steinrokkan posted:

Ambition and "innovation" keeps ruining every other form of social media in existence ... so good.

Giving up altogether on the frontpage has absolutely nothing to do with 'ambition leads to ruin', and has everything to do with a complete absence of direction or purpose from the person in charge of what was once the sharpest, funniest website on the internet

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

spincube posted:

Giving up altogether on the frontpage has absolutely nothing to do with 'ambition leads to ruin', and has everything to do with a complete absence of direction or purpose from the person in charge of what was once the sharpest, funniest website on the internet

The purpose is to :justpost:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

look upon these forums in this dark hour and ask yourself if there’s anyone or anything front page worthy up in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

spincube posted:

times change op, it's all about podcasting now