Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Chicago is a wacky town. They boo the people they usually cheer and they cheer the people they usually boo. Don’t read too much in to it, JB has tons of momentum going into Sunday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Chicago is a wacky town. They boo the people they usually cheer and they cheer the people they usually boo. Don’t read too much in to it, JB has tons of momentum going into Sunday!

True, he's gonna tap SANADA out in front of 13,000 screaming Junglemaniacs.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MJeff posted:

They built the match to get that reaction, it was by design.

I dunno, even with DOUKI getting a bunch of shine I don't know how many crowds get behind him quite that hard, or turn on Jack hard enough to get to the point of very loud boos. Although I guess maybe they knew it would be a smarkier crowd going in and baked that into how they laid things out

As someone who was there, I weirdly think it benefited from being at the end of a b2b Dynamite/Rampage taping. The crowd was pretty loopy at that point (see: collectively deciding to boo Harley Cameron out of the building on sight), and although the energy was notably wavering relative to where it was at for Dynamite, people really latched onto anyone who was clearly putting in the effort to put on a good show, which fueled the DOUKI love

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Duke Pukem posted:

yeah, I blanked on his name. But he's pretty drat good

timmy owns

Jerusalem posted:

Jack's "the gently caress is this?" face when he heard the boos was :kiss:

sure was.

what a loving match holy poo poo. jb flipping the crowd was not on my bingo card. and douki was awesome

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MJeff posted:

Hey, Solo. The good Disney Star War.

This isn't Rogue One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mooseinfants posted:

This isn't Rogue One

That's the 20% good Star War. Solo is a 100% good Star War.

xbilkis posted:

I dunno, even with DOUKI getting a bunch of shine I don't know how many crowds get behind him quite that hard, or turn on Jack hard enough to get to the point of very loud boos. Although I guess maybe they knew it would be a smarkier crowd going in and baked that into how they laid things out

As someone who was there, I weirdly think it benefited from being at the end of a b2b Dynamite/Rampage taping. The crowd was pretty loopy at that point (see: collectively deciding to boo Harley Cameron out of the building on sight), and although the energy was notably wavering relative to where it was at for Dynamite, people really latched onto anyone who was clearly putting in the effort to put on a good show, which fueled the DOUKI love

Yeah, I think Khan considers all of that stuff. You're right that the Chicago crowd added to it by booing Perry, but I think they knew there was a chance they could get that reaction.