Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hell of an episode to pick things back up at, with the auction massacre/disappearance. hoip af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

pretty much The Thing that kicks the story into overdrive. Here's some characters, here's some worldbuilding, here's the basics of nen, and now here's what the sundry psychopaths of the world can do with nen.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

pretty much The Thing that kicks the story into overdrive. Here's some characters, here's some worldbuilding, here's the basics of nen, and now here's what the sundry psychopaths of the world can do with nen.

HxH is so great specifically for this. I can't think of another show that hits "and what is society like because the world's freaks can have superpowers" as well

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

legendary

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Chimera Ant arc is long and kinda slow tbh but once the board games start I get locked in, every time

grieving for Gandalf posted:

HxH is so great specifically for this. I can't think of another show that hits "and what is society like because the world's freaks can have superpowers" as well

I'd never thought about it like this before but yeah it's cool that anyone and everyone can be superhuman in this setting, if they are willing to put the effort in

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Komugi is epic and the best side character in the series

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Chimera Ant's length works cause you get to spend a lot of time in the front half getting pissed off at Pitou and the other ants and really looking forward to the day when Gon gets a big shonen power up and beats them up. Then by the time it finally happens...

My daughter is watching this now, just got to the Yorknew Auction. Buckle up, kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

It’s okay. It doesn’t hurt… I’m not trying to be tough.