Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I bet you got a cool idea for an idle game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
post idle game ideas itt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you have a space field and you have some icons that have (manipulatable?) gravity and from one direction (maybe) you have a particulate resource coming from side and the gravity from each icon sucks in the resource but you might have to fine tune the gravity so the early icons don’t suck in too mind compared to the later icons which might be more powerful or have higher multipliers. and the resource might take some interesting to watch trajectory as it passes some gravity icon and moves around

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you’re some passive space debris harvesting machine floating thru space picking up stuff and you have to manage the ships meagre resources to keep the different harvesting parts of the ship efficient.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
game where you commit crimes and build up a crimepire. starts out you need to manually commit crimes but soon you gain friendship and they encourage you to continue commit crimes even when you step away from computer. and you can invest in crime investments like bankrolling a heist and there’s a risk but maybe it’s worth it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

an idle game where you procrastinate making an idle game about committing crime?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

an idle game where you procrastinate making an idle game about committing crime?

I am extremely proud of myself for my countdown implementation* but I have struggled to figure how to implement an investment scheme . in theory the game will offer you a handful of investments to buy into (and thinking out loud there should be like 4 to choose from but they’re time limited to choose) but I find arrays in js extremely janky and then ai did someone else
for a week and forgot everything

*when crime is initiated the finish time is stored and I just always reference that and the time
difference rather than use any countdown kind of tool and so when these values stored as cookies then when you come back everything works as if you’d never closed the window. the satisfaction of thinking I’ve done something smart kept me going for a bit

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rod rocket but an idle game

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
you go around collecting idols by waiting for them, and the goal is to build one really big one. guest star billy idol

i have no idea what an "idle game" is

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

you go around collecting idols by waiting for them, and the goal is to build one really big one. guest star billy idol

it’s a game you don’t play

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

progressquest but in space

Beeftweeter posted:

progressquest

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

play cookie clicker for 5 mins

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

oh okay. same answer then but guest star eric idle

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Backwards time: it just runs through time backwards in real time from the point you started the game and notify you of historical events as they happen.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Backwards time: it just runs through time backwards in real time from the point you started the game and notify you of historical events as they happen.

the real moneymaker is forwards time

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

echinopsis posted:

game where you commit crimes and build up a crimepire. starts out you need to manually commit crimes but soon you gain friendship and they encourage you to continue commit crimes even when you step away from computer. and you can invest in crime investments like bankrolling a heist and there’s a risk but maybe it’s worth it

Not an idle game but I really wish they’d make a new payday

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

final fantasy?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

progress quest but in the ocean

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

liberal crime squad?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

final fantasy?

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
NGU Idle is a good idle game

beefy you should give it a shot. it’s free on steam or even on the web I think

it makes no sense, but you may enjoy the discovery, which imo is about the only parts of these games which is actually compelling outside of the dopamine rush of getting bigger number

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone linked me to universal paperclips.

it was also good and a medium to surprise you

mystes
May 31, 2006

echinopsis posted:

post idle game ideas itt
the S&P 500

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

people just use jetbrains products or vscode now, op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fantastic and extremely relevant joke

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

a video game that jerks u off

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
a game that you play by doing somewhat random things on other web sites when you’re told

and pretty soon some of those things are saying yes/no whether something matches a prompt or picking from lists of tasks that will be assigned to other players

game plays you

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

echinopsis posted:

does the egg game count as one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OSfbPJFa4

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

pos poster

you earn upgrades but you only start out with the ability to fully type out "much like your posting"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

pos poster

you earn upgrades but you only start out with the ability to fully type out "much like your posting"

this is just the “My Dinner With Andre” video game from the simpsons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

rotor posted:

this is just the “My Dinner With Andre” video game from the simpsons

just replace “trenchant insight” with “turn on your monitor” and “bon mot” with “lmao”