Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I rewatched Bebop this year, hadn't seen it since 2002, and totally forgot about space shuttle Columbia. Definitely a different response to that episode this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Renreeja posted:

I remember seeing Bebop as a highschooler on latenight adult swim, never in a linear fashion, the episodes just exuded mood in a way that made it a fave show of mine. They really are mini movies. Rewatched recently and loved it. My fave ep is probably the space trucker one.

Id like to rewatch Outlaw, it was fun but I dont remember any of it aside from the cool gun.

Trigun was cool for the world, but when I rewatched it drat it was hard to get thrkugh the part where the main guy is jus acting like a silly perv trying to grab titties drooling and poo poo.

Yall are gonna hate me for this, but Gundam Wing. World War one in space. The coolest fuckin guy with long blonde hair and a mask.

my friend you are definitely just remembering Gundam Wing through rose-tinted nostalgia glasses, I tried to rewatch it as an adult but that show loving sucks

like the robots were cool but 90% of the time they're not even on screen lmao it's a loving bait-and-switch for the world's worst soap opera

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
gundam wing was o.k., like sure it IS the world's worst soap opera, but it also really is designed primarily for kids. babby's first space opera if you will. it's like being blown away by the cliche-riddled final fantasy 4 when you're eight years old. there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not that enjoyable for anyone with more than, say, 20 years of experience with entertainment media

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_tMD5bTbLM.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

I haven't seen Cowboy Bebop but I have listened to the various soundtracks because it's good blues/jazz.

I liked Trigun and Cowboy Bebop in on my to watch list, which for anime is really short, because of how much anime is filled with creepy pedos, panty shots, incest, etc. Really wish more anime was just good stories.

I've attempted to watch so many anime people tell me to watch, but five minutes in there's sexualising of kids and poo poo. And like, no thanks.

You might try One Piece, it's free from all of that poo poo and from the very first chapter the series straight up says there ain't no little kids allowed on pirate ships so that's pretty cool. Luffy is like if Goku became a pirate, only thing that guy's pervin' out on is some Flintstones-sized ribs

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

You might try One Piece, it's free from all of that poo poo and from the very first chapter the series straight up says there ain't no little kids allowed on pirate ships so that's pretty cool. Luffy is like if Goku became a pirate, only thing that guy's pervin' out on is some Flintstones-sized ribs

Yeah sure absolutely if you enjoy watching paint dry.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

The Gundam designs in Wing whip rear end

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

my friend you are definitely just remembering Gundam Wing through rose-tinted nostalgia glasses, I tried to rewatch it as an adult but that show loving sucks

like the robots were cool but 90% of the time they're not even on screen lmao it's a loving bait-and-switch for the world's worst soap opera

Yeah but all the Gundam shows are like that.

Except G Gundam where the producer was like "OK, I wanna buy a new house. Lets sell some goddamn toys."

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Which is why G gunfam kicks rear end

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Cowboy Bebop

SteinsGate

Ghost in the Shell: SAC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

If there's no end in sight I'm not watching/reading it. They've been looking for the One Piece for like 15 goddamn years at this point. Detective Conan has been a 9 year old for so long his peers should be having grandchildren*.

*Bad guys force fed adult Conan a pill that makes him a child forever, for context.