Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Tweet from Luis Meza FKA Diamante, roughly translated:

quote:

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your support.

It's a difficult day. I feel like I lost my life. I have sacrificed everything for this mask. The mask has always been my rock. Whenever I had a hard time, the mask helped me overcome it. It gave me courage. It was this mask that opened the door to Japan for me. As long as I had the mask, I could believe that I could do anything.

When I was 7 or 8 years old, my father lost a match against another luchador, and called me into the ring and said, "Son, take off my mask." I was frustrated, angry, and sad.

I felt the same way as I did then.

I didn't want to take off my mask. I didn't even know how to take it off. I don't know how to explain it. It was a painful moment for me. But I am a man, and a man must do what he says. I put everything on the line. I ended a life.

To all of you who expected me to win, to all of you who believed in me, I am sorry I could not protect my mask. And thank you so much for your unconditional support. I don't even know how to respond to your voices...

And to Ultimo Dragon. Thank you so much for being there at the most important moment. I respect you and admire you. You are my mentor and a true father figure.

I don't know what happens next.
:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Caught that Mask Contra Mask match and that was pretty wild! Even having no idea about Dragon Gate or the feuds it was a hell of a good time. It was laid out basically perfectly to accomplish what it did, the first third was the Dragons doing it for themselves in a nice feel-good thing. The dastardly heels beat up on poor Strong Machine J for what felt like forever but he mounts a wily underdog comeback to escape. And boom. The rest of the match was pure gold. I really bit on Shun Skywalker letting Diamante escape. But no. He puts an exclamation on the betrayal with one of the best moonsaults I've ever seen.

Huge emotions, even looked like one of the photographers was crying towards the end. Ultimo Dragon coming out to help with the unmasking was cool.

Shun Skywalker is so loving menacing in his all-black gear. Honestly kind of creepy. Love it.