Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xpforr
Sep 7, 2022

there is no number large enough to count the los- 420,69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
This was a good time. Everyone had fun. No one denied a genocide

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joss Laypeg
Oct 11, 2007
A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on. - WSB
Are we counting people that died in the holodomor or with the holodomor?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

nope not falling for this one

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Everyone is guessing, but no one really knows. It happened a long time ago, and computers didn't exist back then so it was hard to keep track of people.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

could it be that choosing a new mod wasn't with malicious intent but still signalled a flaw in the system?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Al! posted:

i want to change my vote

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOnIp69r6vg

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hosed up that i cannot select 0

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Yet again, cspam denying and making fun of genocide. The USSR deliberately and purposely deprived Ukraine of grain during a famine, starving to death 57 people. This is disgusting.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Now that you've changed the thread title my guess feels low, so 6.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
not much whats holodomor with you?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the death of one person is a tragedy. the death of five people is a statistic - joseph stalin

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Seeing this thread title made me actually look up some academic sources on the subject, and I wasn't surprised to see how wide the answers ranged. Partially this is ideological, and partially it depends on who counts as a death from the Holodomor.

It looks like Ukrainian sources generally say over 10 million (some say over 20 million!). But that's likely an exaggeration.

It seems like the most common answer cites a UNC-Chapel Hill study in 2015 that estimated 3.9 million. Based on their methodology, 2 million seems the bare minimum.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

SorePotato posted:

Yet again, cspam denying and making fun of genocide. The USSR deliberately and purposely deprived Ukraine of grain during a famine, starving to death 57 people. This is disgusting.

this blatant genocide denial will not stand
it was 127

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

William Bear posted:

Seeing this thread title made me actually look up some academic sources on the subject, and I wasn't surprised to see how wide the answers ranged. Partially this is ideological, and partially it depends on who counts as a death from the Holodomor.

It looks like Ukrainian sources generally say over 10 million (some say over 20 million!). But that's likely an exaggeration.

It seems like the most common answer cites a UNC-Chapel Hill study in 2015 that estimated 3.9 million. Based on their methodology, 2 million seems the bare minimum.

This is denial, it was 2 billion

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

this is hosed up. making it look like a bunch of posters think the holodomor was real

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

William Bear posted:

A truly harrowing thing, which I sometimes ponder - over 5 billion people have been killed by communism in the 20th century alone

And that's not even counting the billions of people who would have been born if not for the communists. For every person they kill, we are denied their children and grandchildren. And, through their evil, they have denied humanity a utopia in which every family would have 10-20 children. For all we know, we may have even defeated death itself. But because of the evils of communism, we'll never know.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

exactly one man died of the holodomor and his name was joseph stalin

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

SpaceGoku posted:

Good. He started the holodomor

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

victims of communism count is nearing 1 trillion dead

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ytlaya posted:

A truly harrowing thing, which I sometimes ponder - over 5 billion people have been killed by communism in the 20th century alone

And that's not even counting the billions of people who would have been born if not for the communists. For every person they kill, we are denied their children and grandchildren. And, through their evil, they have denied humanity a utopia in which every family would have 10-20 children. For all we know, we may have even defeated death itself. But because of the evils of communism, we'll never know.

not true, most of those people already had kids or were old

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

anyway whats the holodomor? isnt that like the soviet version of the holocaust?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

fart simpson posted:

anyway whats the holodomor? isnt that like the soviet version of the holocaust?

the holodomor is when the government does things.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the us military is the biggest holodomor organization on the planet

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
more and more we're hearing about this Henry Oscar Demoore fellow and what he's doing in this ukraine place and folks, it doesn't sound good. i sure hope someone is planning on voting for a candidate that will establish a committee to evaluate whether or not investigation is financially warranted enough to submit for review by 2035 on the matter, or things could get ugly

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

SpaceGoku posted:

Sad, he choked to death eating several hundred tons of grain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
grain for me, holodomor for thee