Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Only cowards vote after the co-main: Who're the champions after tonight?
This poll is closed.
Alexander Volkanovski / Brandon Moreno 8 61.54%
Alexander Volkanovski / Alexandre Pantoja 3 23.08%
Yair Rodriguez / Brandon Moreno 1 7.69%
Yair Rodriguez / Alexandre Pantoja 1 7.69%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Welp that's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

VOLK

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

loving Volkanovski, man

Just spends the round standing with him and getting kicked a dozen times so he can flatten him in the last minute

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Headbutt taints that round. Fight was just getting interesting and Yair goes down on basically the next clean shot after the foul.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

VOLK VOLK VOLK what a goddamn king, the only round where Yair was having some real success is the one he gets finished in.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

hes just such a problem

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Great fight. Great card. Very happy.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
They need to give Volk a super championship like in boxing causes no one in this division is going to touch him for years

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What a performance, he took some hits and then just turned up the gas "oh, is it time finish this?". Man switched up 3 gears like it was nothing

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Headbutt taints that round. Fight was just getting interesting and Yair goes down on basically the next clean shot after the foul.

If you don't take your free dick kick headbutt are you even trying to win

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yairs smile is like a Punch-Out tell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SalTheBard posted:

That was a Herb Dean ending all right

Feel like he was disappointed there wasn't more blood he was leaning in so close to see the damage without calling for the bell.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Yeah it’s unreal how good that stubby little fucker is

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

CommonShore posted:

i'm gonna clean my butt by fouling your head with my taint

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Someone could nail volk in the drat face square with a tire iron and he'd just laugh at them and take it from them

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
A lot of that swinging wasn’t connecting, I don’t have a problem with Dean waiting to end it

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

They need to give Volk a super championship like in boxing causes no one in this division is going to touch him for years

Nah, topuria fight is intriguing

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

beep by grandpa posted:

Someone could nail volk in the drat face square with a tire iron and he'd just laugh at them and take it from them

cartoon gangster poo poo, wail on him with a piano dropped from a rope and hed just spit out some of the keys, all stickin his thumb in his mouth and breathing hard to reinflate himself

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Yeah, was thinking this too. Volk was beatin yair up hard for two rounds before hand sure, but him going down shortly after one of the most significant looking accidental headbutts ive seen, you can’t help but think it played a part

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
What a card! God drat that was great.

Managed to get 2 of my 4 bets to cash

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Yairs smile is like a Punch-Out tell.

i was thinking that same thing haha

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Headbutt was unfortunate. I feel like a head strike like that should have a mandatory minimum amount of time taken to give the fighters the best chance to recover.

Volk with another dominating performance. Would be great to see him fight at 155 again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Benson Cunningham posted:

Headbutt was unfortunate. I feel like a head strike like that should have a mandatory minimum amount of time taken to give the fighters the best chance to recover.

Volk with another dominating performance. Would be great to see him fight at 155 again.

i would love to see rounds 6-10 of the islam fight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Congrats to the Alex's'

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
I could watch Volk turn in performances like that for years. What a great card top to bottom.

Also learned from a friend who lives in the area that Woodburn trains at a gym inside a dying mall anchored by a DMV in Apopka.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Yeah, was thinking this too. Volk was beatin yair up hard for two rounds before hand sure, but him going down shortly after one of the most significant looking accidental headbutts ive seen, you can’t help but think it played a part

i think that step in right hook would have had a similar effect without the headbutt. it was vicious and perfectly timed to catch yair moving into it. that piston body shot against the cage before the takedown made me wince.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Kinda wild that some dude from Wollongong might just be one of the best UFC fighters ever

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Brut posted:

Kinda wild that some dude from Wollongong might just be one of the best UFC fighters ever

that picture of him weighing like 300lbs and playing front row in league is wild

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

His last finish loss was at 170lbs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

After the first round

Lol again

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
haven't seen many cards that were just gold from the start of the prelims all the way through the main event like that. wish they wouldn't have donald trump on screen all the time. gently caress off

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

His last finish loss was at 170lbs

fun fact: the 170er who finished volk also got approached by the UFC to be on TUF: Canada vs Australia and then it turned out he was a convicted felon because of an incident where he and his friends got into a barfight and unintentionally stole a dude's wallet so he was legally prohibited

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CarlCX posted:

fun fact: the 170er who finished volk also got approached by the UFC to be on TUF: Canada vs Australia and then it turned out he was a convicted felon because of an incident where he and his friends got into a barfight and unintentionally stole a dude's wallet so he was legally prohibited

thank god for that

wouldn't want someone with a criminal record to sully the good name of the ufc

anyway, back to the roundtable with jon jones, conor mcgregor, and jorge masvidal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Brut posted:

It's not really any more wild than some dude from Louisville or Ailey being the best boxer ever.