Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

:actually:

It's pronounced "BYOB".

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
how embarrasing; i always said it as "BYOB" :blush:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

google THIS

I knew that I just wanted to know if you knew that

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i heard that the people of the Gornkyverse pronounce it as "BYOB"

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
pfff actually hon, it’s byob

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
the medulla byoblongata

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

are you kidding me???? you’ve all just let me pronounce it “BYOB” all this time????? :cripes:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
i always just pronounced it 'BYOB'

don't ask me why

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
eyy mama mia i'm italian so i say it like-a this:

BYOB

i'm not actually italian

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I don't pronounce BYOB.

BYOB pronounces me.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

google THIS

By the power vested in me I hereby pronounce you "BYOB"

Wait, I mean "BYOB"

gently caress, let me start over

google THIS

I asked ChatGPT to write a Seinfeld scene about the pronunciation of BYOB

(Scene: Jerry's apartment. Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer are seated around the coffee table, engaged in a lively conversation.)

Jerry: So, you know what really grinds my gears? The pronunciation of BYOB. Is it "B-Y-O-B" or "byawb"? I mean, it's like we're caught in a linguistic Bermuda Triangle.

Elaine: Oh, please, Jerry. It's definitely "byawb." It's got that certain pizzazz, you know? Adds a little flair to the whole concept of bringing your own booze.

George: I don't know, Elaine. I'm more inclined to go with "B-Y-O-B." It's straightforward, to the point. No room for misinterpretation. Plus, it's a drat acronym!

Kramer: (enthusiastically) Hey, guys! What's the hoo-ha about BYOB? I've got my own theory, you see. It's all about the rhythm! You gotta let it flow, like a smooth jazz tune. "Bee-Yo-Bee." It's got style!

Jerry: (sarcastically) Of course, Kramer, because everything in life is about rhythm and smooth jazz. I can see it now, people walking into a party snapping their fingers and saying, "Hey, I brought some Bee-Yo-Bee!"

George: Look, let's be logical about this. It's an acronym. You pronounce each letter individually. "B-Y-O-B." That's how it's done!

Elaine: Oh, come on, George! We're talking about the Something Awful forum here. They're all about pushing boundaries and breaking conventions. "Byawb" just captures the spirit!

Jerry: (leaning back) You know what? Maybe the real question is, does it really matter? Can't we all just enjoy the party without getting caught up in pronunciation wars?

Kramer: Jerry's got a point! Let's not sweat the small stuff. BYOB, Bee-Yo-Bee, Byawb, whatever! As long as there's booze, the party's on!

Elaine: (nodding) I guess you're right. It's just one of those quirky language quirks that make life interesting.

George: (grumbling) Well, I still think "B-Y-O-B" is the way to go, but I suppose I can tolerate a little linguistic rebellion.

(They all nod in agreement, their discussion fading away as they move on to other topics, but the question of BYOB pronunciation lingers in the air, adding a touch of linguistic whimsy to their lives.)

Dumb Sex-Parrot

watho posted:

are you kidding me???? you’ve all just let me pronounce it “BYOB” all this time????? :cripes:

in retrospect it was really byobvious

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
It's pronounced Y Two K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Putty posted:

It's pronounced Y Two K

Not for several years iirc

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig