Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
and got embarassed because they weren't true.

1) I was utterly convinced that police in my town were in a 100's vs. 100's gunfight with criminals (every type of criminal from rapists to petty stocklifters to the homeless). The police had a huge blimp with floodlights and a scoreboard, and every time they killed or wounded someone they would announce it like they were hockey announcers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Harald posted:

1) I was utterly convinced that police in my town were in a 100's vs. 100's gunfight with criminals (every type of criminal from rapists to petty stocklifters to the homeless). The police had a huge blimp with floodlights and a scoreboard, and every time they killed or wounded someone they would announce it like they were hockey announcers.

I don't remember the dream, but one time I woke up my sister in the next room yelling that I need more swords, and shields too, in my sleep

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I've had my fair share of fever dreams and it's usually because of alcohol withdrawal.

The scariest of them where when I wake up in a panic and think I am responsible for someones death. Like that dream I had where I crashed a car into a bunch of barrels of toxic waste and killed dozens of bystanders. Or that other one where I handed my brother a knife and he proceeded to cut his arm off.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Valko posted:

I've had my fair share of fever dreams and it's usually because of alcohol withdrawal.

The scariest of them where when I wake up in a panic and think I am responsible for someones death. Like that dream I had where I crashed a car into a bunch of barrels of toxic waste and killed dozens of bystanders. Or that other one where I handed my brother a knife and he proceeded to cut his arm off.

yep alcohol withdrawal is always good for some extremely hosed dreams. I find it's also good to use a Rug Doctor in a small room without windows.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Harald posted:

Where were you during all this commotion?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
never have sorry but this is an interesting topic, thank you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Harald posted:

cops are infinitely bigger criminals (and general pieces of poo poo) than homeless people OP

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I had a literal fever dream where I hallucinated that my back was broken into different, separate pieces and I had to put it back together with brass tacks. Luckily, I also hallucinated the putting-it-back-together part.

When I was finally able to get out of bed, I went downstairs and told my family about it opening with, "Uh, I think I was really sick."

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i got some painkillers, opiates, I assume, when I was havin my knee repaired in the hoptial, and years later I distinctly remember the dream I had while I was doped up;

I replaced the rear wheels of my 4runner with snow mobile style treads and then I tried to drive up to the summit of K2(??), but I rolled into a ditch and had to snuggle with my dog in a mylar while we waited for extraction. When I came to, the nurse said I was shouting nonsense in my sleep.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buce posted:

i got some painkillers, opiates, I assume, when I was havin my knee repaired in the hoptial, and years later I distinctly remember the dream I had while I was doped up;

I replaced the rear wheels of my 4runner with snow mobile style treads and then I tried to drive up to the summit of K2(??), but I rolled into a ditch and had to snuggle with my dog in a mylar while we waited for extraction. When I came to, the nurse said I was shouting nonsense in my sleep.

Dream Sherpas

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Where were you during all this commotion?

I was just in bed. My landlady lived downstairs and I was convinced that she had her daughter huddled on the floor trying to avoid stray bullets.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

cops are infinitely bigger criminals (and general pieces of poo poo) than homeless people OP

yup. sounds like op had a dream of typical gang on gang violence

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

When I was 12-13, I used to get these incapacitating migraines that would lay me up in bed with excruciating head pain. One time it was so bad, I opened my eyes and saw a supernatural humanoid creature with piercing black eyes and diseased skin squeezing my head by the temples. Don’t know where I could have seen such a thing to imagine it, but I never saw it again after that.

… What if I didn't imagine it, though… :ohdear:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

When I was 12-13, I used to get these incapacitating migraines that would lay me up in bed with excruciating head pain. One time it was so bad, I opened my eyes and saw a supernatural humanoid creature with piercing black eyes and diseased skin squeezing my head by the temples. Don’t know where I could have seen such a thing to imagine it, but I never saw it again after that.

That's just Frankie, pay him no mind.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
when i was in the ICU on the verge of death I had hosed up "visions" which were these kind of dreams but amped up, with a massive, heavy and foreboding sense of doom and inevitability. I had a tracheotomy and could barely talk but I remember croaking out to some of the staff that I was seeing "prophecies" :ohdear:

one of the weirdest ones I had was about one of the ICU nurses, I was certain she had been manipulated by an alien force and became my enemy, torturing me in my hospital bed. this is because I had a dream where she had attended a concert for a popular band who were actually using their music as a type of insidious mind control by playing these ringing, crystalline frequencies. my spouse told the staff about it because i was freaking out and they were kind enough to have another nurse take over for her :shobon:

You Are A Elf posted:

it's fine haha don't worry about it its fine

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Fever dreams are the worst. There's always some indescribable paradox that just tortures me in bed while I drip snot and cough and I can't tell if I'm awake or not and like 4-10 days of that. Having kids in daycare sucks.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I just saw that Bob Odenkirk film "Nobody" on 3-4 vodka sprites and this is how it went:

It's a musical. In the musical Bob and his black friend want to buy the lasagne factory but the owners won't sell. Bob ends up realizing that he can tweak his lasagne recipe to create designer cum, and uses this knowledge to create dozens of Bobs of different nationalities. All the Bobs team up to defeat the boss Russian guy, and they buy out the lasagne factory.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Harald posted:

I just saw that Bob Odenkirk film "Nobody" on 3-4 vodka sprites and this is how it went:

It's a musical. In the musical Bob and his black friend want to buy the lasagne factory but the owners won't sell. Bob ends up realizing that he can tweak his lasagne recipe to create designer cum, and uses this knowledge to create dozens of Bobs of different nationalities. All the Bobs team up to defeat the boss Russian guy, and they buy out the lasagne factory.

That whole movie I couldn't just let go of the idea that Hollywood has irrevocably changed our expectation of how much violence a person can take.

Like, for example, no way he could take that much abuse as depicted in the movie and keep on trucking.

ElectricWatermelon
Jan 8, 2020

I had one when I got my wisdom teeth out and was still hosed up on the anesthesia. Something about a local grocery store being replaced with a store called Park and Flush. I don't really remember much after that since I woke up due to the pain taking a sudden increase in intensity.

Said local grocery store closed sometime after that likely to due to corporate wanting to cut costs or something. I think I saw into the future. :stare:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

True story, I had a fever dream of the world ending during my first food poisoning, and I've never forgotten it. Like it seeped into my bones, my soul. I still think about it on a near weekly basis.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Lying in my bed, Goofy and his son were painting the living room and while I couldn't see how it was going I could hear them absolutely loving the place up. I then heard my dad come home and flip out followed by his angry stomping feet as he charged down the hall to yell at me (I had apparently authorized the job)

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

Same here with the migraines, but not the monster. One time I was really suffering with one and felt a sneeze coming on and I remember thinking "this is going to hurt" and then I woke up the next morning. Totally lost six or seven hours. No memory. To this day I don't know if any of it was real.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

Same with the migraines, except it was an overwhelming dizziness.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Same here with the migraines, but not the monster. One time I was really suffering with one and felt a sneeze coming on and I remember thinking "this is going to hurt" and then I woke up the next morning. Totally lost six or seven hours. No memory. To this day I don't know if any of it was real.

Wow, same. I was having a particularly painful migraine once and was laying in bed staring at the ceiling through my heavy eyelids when I felt a bit better and decided to get up and get a drink of water. Eight hours had passed by and it was the evening (it was around 11 am when I originally lay in bed). I know I wasn’t laying in bed for eight hours, and I’m certain I didn’t sleep for eight hours, either, but yeah, time loss is fuckin’ nuts.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

Wow, same. I was having a particularly painful migraine once and was laying in bed staring at the ceiling through my heavy eyelids when I felt a bit better and decided to get up and get a drink of water. Eight hours had passed by and it was the evening (it was around 11 am when I originally lay in bed). I know I wasn’t laying in bed for eight hours, and I’m certain I didn’t sleep for eight hours, either, but yeah, time loss is fuckin’ nuts.

Did you ever think you were being tested for some higher purpose?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’d like to think I’m in an episode of The Twilight Zone and my entire life has been a military or alien experiment in which I imagine myself as a shitposter on a dead Internet forum in 2023, but am really just a catatonic body in a coma in the 1950s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SO I had my fever nightmare and then days later I had this like real world flashback, and I saw AI Ants crawling over the remnants of this building.
But that building remains, I just saw it yesterday.