Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Statistically speaking, it's bound to happen at some point. But leaving the material world isn't a scary thing, it's just a thing and you do things all the time. It's all part of the process.

FAQs:

So what religion was right? Am I going to heaven or hell?
Hm. Hard to say! Seems kinda personal. This is about the waiting room. Whatever happens after is your business, so you can send yourself go Hell if you want or go back and improve your previous run. We've all seen Jacob's Ladder.

Are my pets going to be there?
The only animals not there are most fungi (can't die in any meaningful way). Your pets and every tree you've seen will be there. They missed you a lot!

Are famous people there too? I want to meet (x)
You're skipping ahead. But yes. You will get the chance to meet new people as well as loved ones. The only people unavailable to you are those who die after you, and that's only for this round anyways.

What do you mean round?
this happens every time someone dies, big or small. You get the options though, but at a certain point you end up back at the waiting room when you're done. You won't feel the time anyways, thats a mortal thing, so relax and mingle.

This sounds suspiciously like byob
Not a question and yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
The first thing that happens is that you get a nice jacket. On the back is a patch that celebrates how you died. It's morbid, but self categorization is very important when you're facing the full extent of existence past and future. The patch is full back, and pretty bad rear end and it feels nice to belong to a club.

The Heartbreakers
Statistically, if you're gonna die this is one of the top ways to do it. Heart disease is no joke.

Scimitar Society
Its actually pretty rare to be killed by swords in this day and age, unless you're a bull in spain. Lots of variety and tragedy in this one.

Last Call
You clung on to the very end. Old age is worth celebrating! This is the only group without any lobsters in it, so that's something!

Porcupine Club
It's actually pretty rare to be killed by bow and arrow in this day and age, unless you're a deer or an apple on top of someone's head.

Of course there are infinite others, it's just a starting connection point. On your jacket are other achievements and social clubs, but your death is your big starting point.

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
If I die old, will I be in the waiting room as an old person? What if I die as a very articulate and verbose baby at a 12-grade reading level (YA novels in the waiting room?)?

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style

A Bad King posted:

If I die old, will I be in the waiting room as an old person? What if I die as a very articulate and verbose baby at a 12-grade reading level (YA novels in the waiting room?)?

It's all about perception. As you are you contain old versions of yourself and each interpretation of yourself changed by your new perception. So, you can be a baby but your ego is forever altered by death as the material and earthly get shaken off.

They've got hella Goosebumps tho, reader beware you're in for a scare

baka of lathspell

i always figured it would be like a scanner darkly scramble suit integrating you at all stages of your life

is the song waiting room by fugazi about this waiting room or another waiting room

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Is there a movie theatre where you can scroll back and watch History's greatest, or find the truth to all the history mysteries you've had in life? Like; where is the buried treasure? or where did my favourite dinosaur toy go?

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature