Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

eXXon posted:

The nuke is for peace not for war crimes, OP. Off topic.

just text everyone there an hour in advance it'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
has anyone started a change.org petition

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

cumpantry posted:

just text everyone there an hour in advance it'll be fine

drop a smaller nuke first, that's called "knocking"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

just yell FORE

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Can the nuke have a scary red timer on it counting down to zero?

Asking for a friend, I don't condone nuclear weapons.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Can one of the mods or iks move this thread to sad please? We might see some results that way.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weka posted:

Can one of the mods or iks move this thread to sad please? We might see some results that way.

Perhaps

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I've been prying the americium out of thousands of smoke detectors for two straight months

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
what’s the status on this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
drat maybe israel should surrender then

====

Urgent | Israeli newspaper "Maariv": The military arm of "Hamas" has an unlimited ability to strengthen its ranks with new people

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1748616881823482213?s=46

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Al-Saqr posted:

====

Urgent | Israeli newspaper "Maariv": The military arm of "Hamas" has an unlimited ability to strengthen its ranks with new people

It's almost like indiscriminately bombing people makes them both hate you and have nothing to lose. Not sure how this helps Hamas get the high quality breeder reactors they need though.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
more people bigger tunnels easier to get the breeder reactors in

speng31b
May 8, 2010

bump

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sorry folks im a absolutist nuclear abolitionist.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Smythe posted:

🖕

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

mods please give hamas a nuke to dispose of

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

====

his helmet makes it look like he is pregnant in this photo

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Smythe posted:

Me too.

Wait you mean abolition of Israel using nukes, right?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Smythe posted:

fine, give them nucular ones instead

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Counterpoint: give Tel Aviv an exploding nuke

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

as opposed to an exploded nuke...?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mdemone posted:

as opposed to an exploded nuke...?

as opposed to the thread title ya ding dong

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

as opposed to the thread title ya ding dong

wait I was responding to the thread title but it looked like I was replying to the post above

edit: am still ding Dong

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im actually not sure if nuclear abolition is possible. im writing a giant paper on this. but i think we should advocate for it anyways. i think we have to believe its possible.. and if we do believe its possible... it can be. thats my position. thank you

speng31b
May 8, 2010

we should abolish it starting everywhere except for hamas's unexploded nuke, and we can do taht one last (pinky promise)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
do you think in a subtly alternate reality the reykjavík summit was successful?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

im actually not sure if nuclear abolition is possible. im writing a giant paper on this. but i think we should advocate for it anyways. i think we have to believe its possible.. and if we do believe its possible... it can be. thats my position. thank you

its possible if we give hamas an unexploded nuke

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

do you think in a subtly alternate reality the reykjavík summit was successful?

yes but in that alternate reality, hamas had a nuke and a seat at the table

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Smythe posted:

you have to have it forcibly performed by a mad scientist who has a nuke pointed at the earth from a moon base. Ozymandias understood this.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Smythe posted:

absolutely not possible without aliens invading and shutting down the icbms and submarines.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
start to think well, we cant (?) get rid of all nukes since they underpin sovereignty. yes? based on second strike. the whole point is the nukes have to be invulnerable - not numerous, as only one invulnerable nuke is enough to guarantee what they term as "unacceptable damage" in retaliation, that freezes the entire system. however, are these necessary in an age of conventional hypersonic glide vehicles? i dont think so. i think we can continue the security guarantee without the literal fallout. but then you continue the thought. well, these are bad too. would it be better to have one thing creating the security guarantee? and then you think well, thats hobbes, thats the leviathan, thats rousseaus lawgiver. thats domination, submission, shackles of bondage upon all of creation. rousseau said freedom can only be found in submission. he also liked to get spanked on his rear end by a baroness. i guess thats why hamas should have an unexploded nuke.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Rousseau *shrugging*: gotta submit to SOMETHING

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

while the bourgeois exist nukes have to exist but after that who knows.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Smythe posted:

I can't criticize a position like this held by Khamenei but I kind of see the idea of nuclear abolition as a cudgel to use against states like North Korea who depend on nukes for basic security and even Iran who have stated they have no interest in a weapons program. Good in theory and I'm glad nuke poo poo is largely illegal here but good luck getting the great powers to drop them

Just another good reason to arm Hamas with nuclear weapons

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Weka posted:

I can't criticize a position like this held by Khamenei but I kind of see the idea of nuclear abolition as a cudgel to use against states like North Korea who depend on nukes for basic security and even Iran who have stated they have no interest in a weapons program. Good in theory and I'm glad nuke poo poo is largely illegal here but good luck getting the great powers to drop them

Just another good reason to arm Hamas with nuclear weapons

broadly agree in practice.

these people are probably evil Defense Blob folks but i thought the articles were pretty straight forward. i enjoyed reading them i guess.

https://www.stimson.org/2009/nuclear-security-series-unblocking-road-zero-perspectives-advanced-nuclear-nations/

the russia one is good imo and written by a pretty weird guy. has a, err, history... and some Hot Takes if you look for them online.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
nobdy interested in my articles or

Weka
May 5, 2019

Smythe i clicked on the russia America one because I thought it would be funniest and it is 64 pages long! I skipped to the end and apparently the way to get Russia to give up nukes is to completely reform America politically and the way to get America to give them up is not discussed. It does say America will have to go first but it just talks about Obama being a dick to Iran or whatever.

quote:

Actions like the following might improve the prospects for a positive response from Russia to a serious US initiative to eliminate nuclear weapons:
• If the US were to agree to the basic rules of engagement proposed by Vladimir Putin in Munich in 2007: Accept us as we are; treat us as equals, and cooperate on the basis of shared interests;
• If a gradual, but steady, build-up of confidence, leading eventually to genuine mutual trust, co-leadership on security issues in which Russia can play an important role, with an emphasis on WMD proliferation was introduced into US-Russian relations;
• If a new Euro-Atlantic security system were created in which Russia belonged as a full member (Medvedev’s call for a new treaty on European security), anchoring Russia in Europe (Putin’s idea of an energy community linking Russia and the EU);18
• If the US were to invite Russia to join it as an equal partner in building and operating global/regional ballistic missile defenses;
• If verifiable curbs on advanced, non-nuclear military technologies and non-nuclear strategic weaponry were negotiated;
• If “weaponization of space” (the meaning of this Russian term itself needs to be clarified) were safely barred;
• If a new US-Russian strategic arms agreement were concluded, leading not only to reductions of offensive systems, but to a genuine strategic dialogue between the two countries, addressing such issues as strategic defenses, WMD non-proliferation, and nuclear disarmament;
• If the US/NATO and Russia were to cooperate more closely on Afghanistan;
• If the US and Russia were able to cooperate to resolve the Iranian nuclear issue;
• If the US and Russia were able to cooperate in stemming long-range missile proliferation in the greater Middle East and elsewhere;
• If China were to join the US-Russian strategic arms control talks and resulting mechanisms, and if India showed an interest in at least becoming an observer in that process;

Now obviously like half of these would require overthrowing the US government so in the mean time, I think this article is just more evidence supporting arming Hamas with nukes.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Smythe posted:

mutually assured destruction is the only viable path to peace. an icbm in every garage.,

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Zodium posted:

mutually assured destruction is the only viable path to peace. an icbm in every garage.,

and also we need to eradicate the english language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

an exploded nuke in every amnglo garage