Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Update the thread tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Fuckin stoked for Sonny Kiss signing

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Update the thread tag.

we are so back.

This is the funniest thing that could have ever happened. It helps that Impact TNA actually has a really good product right now and there's just enough nostalgia for the fun parts of the brand for this to work, plus Scott D'Amore and the rest of the roster actually have some self-awareness and passion. They just had Kozlov show up in "The Impact Zone!!!!!". They've been sowing those seeds.

It kicks rear end that Myron is finally getting a shot in Impact six years later, too. The Sonny Kiss signing is also nice. They may not be that number two company anymore but it's always good when there's more wrestling and more places to work, and hopefully they'll continue to truck along as they've been doing for the past few years.

ok back to dying due to post-booster symptoms and zero sleep. they shouldn't bring back the six-sided ring for bumping reasons but I wish they could if just for a one-off Lockdown special. Cage matches were always way cooler when they were hexagonal.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bring back Lockdown and bring back Destination X as an X-Division focused show

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Agreed completely

They just had another great PPV, full of good decisions/the correct winners

And so many of these shows, including this, have had people hesitant or skip it going in because “at the end of the day they’re always going to be TNA, so something’s gonna go wrong” despite years in a row of that not being the case. So yeah, gently caress it. Like the video said, at some point you have to choose to either run from that or embrace it and redefine it

With enough definitively good years under the banner, TNA won’t be remembered as a bad thing

Just don’t bring back the six sides long-term, since apparently that legit hosed up people’s backs

TNA is uneven in its booking but as a promotion where I just drop in and watch matches, it’s pretty drat cool.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
King

Of

The

Mountain

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA has basically been running in circles the last few years, doing something like bringing in Kenny, then running bad TV to turn off the viewers who tuned in and slowly declining their viewership while doing little bits of TNA nostalgia here and there. Now after a run of good shows they may have slightly improved their live attendance situation while their viewership is still at a nadir, although I haven't seen anything for how their post BFG taping sales were.

So they aren't giving up much by losing the Impact Wrestling branding.

TNA as a brand isn't as toxic as it was... but the problem is this isn't WCW changing its name to Nitro Wrestling in 2001 and then in 2010 going back to WCW. It's called TNA and it still sounds REALLY lame if you say it to other people.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
TNA's a lame name, but unless they get another Kenny-scale ratings boost somehow their realistic audience is people who at minimum know they were called TNA for fifteen years. I just don't know if it actually makes them that much lamer in practice.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Hope that going back to being TNA means that their titles also get renamed and their main title will be the TNA World Heavyweight Championship once again, so it can finally be won by a man who is synonymous with TNA and who never actually won the TNA-only world title and who is overdue for his run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kkn0RuQns

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did jerry name it that? why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
BPJ Lex Is King really made a mistake going to WWE, in a resurgent TNA he'd be pushed to the moon