Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Shadenfraude is an underrated emotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
World cup owned, I went to 6 games and it was great

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Obligatory it's not coming home.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

This is just brutal. Hope they can find comfort. https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/38229486/spain-winning-goalscorer-carmona-learns-father-death-women-world-cup-final

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Robo Captain posted:

Obligatory it's not coming home.

It's always coming home

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Wtf I wonder how long they kept it from her for. And whether she was okay with that at all. Awful stuff.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Thanks Ants posted:

Could easily have been a lot worse than 1-0, England never really showed up

Actually that was the real England that showed up. Maybe 4th best side in the tournament, but game as heck.

https://i.imgur.com/isIPl93.mp4
'
This lass kept them in it scorewise. Shades of that maniac U.S. keeper we've all forgotten by now.

Also props to Bronze for snubbing that poo poo Johnny Infant.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Fantastic tournament overall, on balance I think the best team won even if they did get slaughtered by Japan in the group stage. Frightening to think what Spain could accomplish with an actual coach and even more talented younger players coming through.

I’m guessing fifa probably considers it a failure since no dictators were appeased, no migrants were killed, and not enough bribes were paid. But after the best olympics in history, and now the best World Cup in history, I think it’s only fair that all future world cups are played in Australia and New Zealand.

Has been a pleasure posting through it with you lads and lasses, even if all of the Matildas knockout matches took years off my life.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mr. Mambold posted:

Actually that was the real England that showed up. Maybe 4th best side in the tournament, but game as heck.

https://i.imgur.com/isIPl93.mp4
'
This lass kept them in it scorewise. Shades of that maniac U.S. keeper we've all forgotten by now.

Also props to Bronze for snubbing that poo poo Johnny Infant.

this is probably an overly harsh take on basically every team but i think england got kind of an easy route through the bracket

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Can't help but notice the lack of Lucy Silver in the thread title....

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

whypick1 posted:

Can't help but notice the lack of Lucy Silver in the thread title....

Good point well raised imo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
having had a day to think on it, japan were the best team

and never forget it's coming home in four years (japan > america > spain = it's getting closer)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Having slept on it, i'm at peace with the final result and that's the best Women's World Cup tournament i've seen since I started watching in 2011.

Well done Australia & New Zealand for hosting a great tournament.

That closing ceremony was a bit naff, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello
Great tournament, very cool to see the Matildas get as far as they did. Thanks Australia and New Zealand. Thanz.