Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
That you just had to play the next song. But then like 15 years later you hear that song on the radio and you anticipate that skip. Then when it doesn't skip you're like, "Whoa, a whole other song."

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Coming Undone by Korn on my mom's mix CD loaded up with mp3s from Limewire.

I am a patient they.

Khanstant
i miore had the issue of hearing a familiar song and then the dj idiot doesnt know the next 11 songs to play from my cd

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Viginti Septem posted:

That you just had to play the next song. But then like 15 years later you hear that song on the radio and you anticipate that skip. Then when it doesn't skip you're like, "Whoa, a whole other song."

the part in weezer's "say it ain't so" where he's like
THIS WAAAAAAAAAY
IS A WATERSLIDE AWAY etc etc

the version i had included an accidental skip in there so that's how I think of the song and even how I sing along to it lol

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
i got a song off kazaa where the uploader, i think, had edited it a bit. now whenever i hear the original one I anticipate the edits but they never come. frankly I think it was better with the edits too.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
skip protection portable cd player + tape to aux = PARTY ALL NIGHT

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Remember when cds skipping ended the careers of Milli Vanilli

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust

Ominous Jazz posted:

Remember when cds skipping ended the careers of Milli Vanilli

blame it on the rain

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

DoomCroissant posted:

blame it on the rain

Milli on the Vanilli :(

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Sarah Cenia posted:

the part in weezer's "say it ain't so" where he's like
THIS WAAAAAAAAAY
IS A WATERSLIDE AWAY etc etc

the version i had included an accidental skip in there so that's how I think of the song and even how I sing along to it lol

a remix of a song I downloaded from limewire ages ago had the Windows XP "page load" click sound effect in it about halfway through and even though I have gotten the CD for that remix since then, I still feel like it's missing whenever I listen to that song. kinda funny

Overdog

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I had this lovely case logic cd holder with this cheap rear end paper backing that scratched all my CDs and I ended up throwing most of them straight out the window because the skips were so irritating. Like there was always the sad last play but also the righteous anger and the tainted music of my youth strewn about the countryside.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Overdog posted:

I had this lovely case logic cd holder with this cheap rear end paper backing that scratched all my CDs and I ended up throwing most of them straight out the window because the skips were so irritating. Like there was always the sad last play but also the righteous anger and the tainted music of my youth strewn about the countryside.

Yeah!

Take THAT Hoobastank!

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

cruft

My dad assures me that Cadillac once tried to sell a car with a record player in it.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

cruft posted:

My dad assures me that Cadillac once tried to sell a car with a record player in it.

It's true I've seen it. a Bad Idea smh

Overdog

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Viginti Septem posted:

Yeah!

Take THAT Hoobastank!

:hai:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!

cruft posted:

Muhammad Ali owned one apparently.

I am a patient they.

PostsYouCanDanceTo

I have a copy of the Rolling Stone 500 greatest albums of all time book, and a few days ago decided I would stream all the albums in it in reverse order. I got to Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and when Bullet with Butterfly Wings came on, I could remember every place where there was a glitch in the mp3 i had downloaded from Napster.

I haven't listened to that song, much less that file, in over twenty years.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

barnold posted:

a remix of a song I downloaded from limewire ages ago had the Windows XP "page load" click sound effect in it about halfway through and even though I have gotten the CD for that remix since then, I still feel like it's missing whenever I listen to that song. kinda funny

p sure I still got a copy of britney spears' toxic with a few AOL messenger logon sounds here and there

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
My parents had a jukebox that played 33's when I was growing up, but a few of the records had a scratch so bad that a song wouldn't get past a certain point and just repeat unless you jostled the thing to where the needle skipped the groove. But eventually you just stopped listening to that song. Frankie Valli's Grease theme was the primary offender in my head.

Had a similar thing in the early day of MP3's off Napster, Pictures of Matchstick Men had a small hitch in the chorus that I expect to be there every time I listen.