Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i love b movies.

why? they're just as awesome and fun to watch as are the big budget movies, only there's always that fun campiness and 'i could do a movie like that' feeling i get while watching them.

masters of the universe

hercules in new york

the giant claw

it came from beneath the sea

robot jox

all movies that are worth watching that i adore for one reason or another.

let's talk about b movies we love.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ice Pirates

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I watched Dragonslayer a couple months back, dope dragon movie.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

The most important quality of a B movie is sincerity. Sure you have no budget and can’t act or direct but I can tell and appreciate when you’re actually trying. I can’t stand stuff that’s intentionally bad or stupid.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bees x1000 posted:

The most important quality of a B movie is sincerity. Sure you have no budget and can’t act or direct but I can tell and appreciate when you’re actually trying. I can’t stand stuff that’s intentionally bad or stupid.

yeah stuff like the asylum or whatever are so bad but not in a good way

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Blackk dynamite is the exception

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Blackk dynamite is the exception

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aoWVRhgEqI

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3pqcHVCMOU

the miniatures made for the film also rule

DawnOfMinstrel
Jun 27, 2013
I recently watched 2-and-a-half seasons of CSI (because they had Laurence Fishburne join the main cast) and an actress playing a recurring character seemed very familiar.

I checked her IMDb page and it seems I remembered her from Return of the Living Dead 3, a movie I've watched **22 years ago**. Now that's how you make an impression.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

DawnOfMinstrel posted:

I recently watched 2-and-a-half seasons of CSI (because they had Laurence Fishburne join the main cast) and an actress playing a recurring character seemed very familiar.

I checked her IMDb page and it seems I remembered her from Return of the Living Dead 3, a movie I've watched **22 years ago**. Now that's how you make an impression.

That’s interesting I wonder what could have made such an impressi—

Oh. Nice spank bank recall bro.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

lol.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:cripes:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hercules in new york was some great poo poo and is arnold's acting debut. his accent was so bad they had to re-record and dub his lines.

night of the lepus is a fond movie that will stick with me forever. just hanging out with friends watching usa UP all night.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I have a soft spot for Them, the horror movie about giant ants. Seem to recall it airing on the Sci Fi channel in the morning a lot. I love the "running away from a green screen" type of early monster movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Them! is a blast

Legend of Boggy Creek is a great b movie. It's like an old grandpa telling you a story about how Bigfoot is real and lives in the woods behind his house.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostradingus posted:

I have a soft spot for Them, the horror movie about giant ants. Seem to recall it airing on the Sci Fi channel in the morning a lot. I love the "running away from a green screen" type of early monster movies.

man, that movie rules. wish they'd make more of those 'scientists try to sold the problem in a lab while a monster is just on the loose elsewhere' scifi movies

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Them kicks rear end. There’s also a lovely giant ant movie from the 70s called Empire of the Ants that I watched as a kid and enjoy. It stars Joan Collins and there’s a scene where people line up to get blasted with pheromones to do the Queen’s bidding while the ants take over a sugar factory

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5vqoziQZRA

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Them kicks rear end. There’s also a lovely giant ant movie from the 70s called Empire of the Ants that I watched as a kid and enjoy. It stars Joan Collins and there’s a scene where people line up to get blasted with pheromones to do the Queen’s bidding while the ants take over a sugar factory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq6pCO3O66I

just a casual barrel of toxic waste sitting on a beach nobody notices lol

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol this sounds awesome. Putting it on my movie club suggestion shortlist

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hAS8c3tw0M

i remember learning about this movie through mst3k, it was so good lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

These days the market's flooded with movies that are just random people reading lines in the director's mom's house and the local wilderness and they call that good enough and dump it to streaming. Maybe there's a scene in a warehouse if you're lucky. I mean, sure, you always had movies like that but now it's the standard.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Y'all ever see Wolf Cop?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

hell yeah B movies are loving great. A Bucket of Blood is one of my favorites, it was on my movie club shortlist. corman ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEfzyjJe0iY

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
50s/60s era kaiju movies i feel are the perfect example of a b-movies that whip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lady Terminator