Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I started a reread of dorohedoro and it still owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sstarted readin hinomaru sumo because i'm enjoying the guy's new mma series and it kicks rear end thus far

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I’m always reading manga. Got caught up on part two of chainsaw man then I’m starting billy bat, been putting this off way too long.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

manga kicks rear end!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dragon ball super

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

🖕🏻

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
been working my way through fullmetal alchemist which is one of my 10/10 never going to criticize shows ever

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/title/f809955a-2059-4a1b-bf8d-4ec0199697bb/inspector-kurokochi

Been reading this cool one about a dirty corrupt cop who's paired with an idealistic inspector

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
I've been reading Tezuka's Buddha after finding the first volume in a discount bin. His storytelling is remarkable and still fresh so many years later (although I should note that I'm not familiar with the source material).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sir Mat of Dickie posted:

I've been reading Tezuka's Buddha after finding the first volume in a discount bin. His storytelling is remarkable and still fresh so many years later (although I should note that I'm not familiar with the source material).

*said unironically* I read it a week ago as well and had been considering conversion

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Just read the first volume of Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. I picked it up on a random whim a while back and figured I should finally read it now that the anime's coming soon. I loved it and can't wait to read more, I found it really sweet and kind of sad, but in a good melancholy way. I'm really curious to see where it goes from here and am looking forward to the anime adaptation as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwr1aLEDpe4

Rune Factory 4, a game whose writing is mostly very silly and kind of dumb, had a surprisingly heavy story quest if you wanted to marry the elf girl that deals with her being upset that your character will pass away in what to her will seem like an incredibly short time and then she'll have to live with that loss for hundreds or thousands of years, and I thought it was something that you could make a really good story out of if it was allowed to be the central focus and not just one character quest in the Harvest Moon With Goblins game. And Frieren basically seems to be that story so far.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Punished Chuck posted:

Just read the first volume of Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. I picked it up on a random whim a while back and figured I should finally read it now that the anime's coming soon. I loved it and can't wait to read more, I found it really sweet and kind of sad, but in a good melancholy way. I'm really curious to see where it goes from here and am looking forward to the anime adaptation as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwr1aLEDpe4

Rune Factory 4, a game whose writing is mostly very silly and kind of dumb, had a surprisingly heavy story quest if you wanted to marry the elf girl that deals with her being upset that your character will pass away in what to her will seem like an incredibly short time and then she'll have to live with that loss for hundreds or thousands of years, and I thought it was something that you could make a really good story out of if it was allowed to be the central focus and not just one character quest in the Harvest Moon With Goblins game. And Frieren basically seems to be that story so far.

i read the whole thing maybe 3 months back and it was nice. pretty chill time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Macht is probably my favorite non-main-crew character in frieren, he rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
dandadan is unrealistically good, I cannot believe that is a weekly series. no weekly should look this amazing

I wanna post any number of sequences from the last like dozen chapters but it's the sort of thing you gotta see yourself so I'll just post the various example pages from earlier in the series that I've posted elsewhere because they rule