Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Probably when I spent the night at my cousin’s house when I was around 10, so 1990.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

sometimes i pass out on the floor next to the toilet. it is comforting after a night of puking. i embrace m,y porcelain savior

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
Earlier this summer the power went out during a thunderstorm, it was hot and humid as hell inside. I propped open the back door, piled up some blankets for a comfy nest and slept on the floor watching the storm through the open door. I was watching my neighbors little pugweenie, he hates storms and spent the whole night with his head buried in my armpit trying to hide.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Last year, when I was exposed to COVID briefly, I slept on the floor in my home office while testing twice daily until I'd hit 72 hours of negative tests.
Probably would have been nice if I wasn't completely terrified the entire time (my partner has reduced lung function and I'd basically have to move out if I was positive)
Took a few naps in there in the months after - not too bad.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

Out of necessity?
6-7 years ago when I broke up with my ex

Out of desire?, Like maybe a few months ago, the summers are whack here and sleeping on the floor under a fan is preferable to on fabric

I had a similar setup, about 3 years. Cardboard is smart, I didn't think of that. I just had a bunch of blankets and a sleeping bag put down.

I was going through a major depressive episode, and my heat went out. So, I moved half my couch, my computer, and I had dressers in my bedroom with a space heater. I took out my king sized bed, and it leaned up against the living room wall for those three years. Fortunately, AC still worked, but I was too embarrassed to have someone come fix my heat. Then my washer quit working, so I did laundry in the tub mostly or a five gallon bucket with a plunger. The dryer worked, but I mostly hung stuff to dry on rods I hung up in my bathroom. I really only left my room to cook, or to use my dryer.

My computer chair had broken, so I used two sawhorses and like 4 2x4s. It was a really weird, bad time in my life and it's almost like I was trying to punish myself? Make things harder? Dunno man!

A couple people know I lived like that, but no one would of ever guessed at the time.

:brainworms:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

While I had covid I fell asleep on the floor unable to move.

I slept on the floor when my house burned down aswell. That was pretty lovely

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
quite a while ago, but this thread is making me want to try it out again

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i did it like a year ago for some reason i don’t remember and it was fine op, not exactly comfortable but no where near as bad as you’d expect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

bossy lady posted:

I had some kind of stomach bug in high school and threw up so much I just slept on the floor in the bathroom for easy barfin'

Been there and played that game, not even a year ago I don’t think. Wife was sleeping in one of the other bathrooms.

Needless to say, we’ve never been back to that restaurant.

e: actually there was no sleep due to the food poisoning, but definitely have spent a night in the bathroom floor trying to stay alive :v:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Aug 3, 2023