Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Data Graham posted:

The show really hasn't been going overboard with accents like I hoped it would. Bayle Domon only does one "do be" and the rest of his dialogue is just miscellaneous fantasy British. They really could have leaned into it and done some cool cultural-marker stuff if they wanted.

I do love Pointedly Nordic Moghedien compared to everyone else though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

https://defector.com/how-the-wheel-of-time-made-great-art-out-of-great-pain

This is a *fantastic* article about the Renna Egwene scenes, and interviewing both actors.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've talked a few people who really didn't like how Egwane kills her handler in such a cruel way, but like, what did you expect? Her to FORGIVE the woman to inflicted horrible torture on her? I know people always want to see the heroes to be perfect people and never kill, and any time the hero does kill it means they're just as bad as the bad guy.

I just countered "if you have the chance to kill hitler, kill hitler", and I'd say the Seanchan are pretty Hitlery, so offing them is a net good.

I also have to say that when I first read Seanchan on the page, I figured it was pronounced like some Weeb going "My name is Sean-chan!".

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
shawn chan

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Seen-chan :colbert:

...pardner

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Sea-Ann-Chan in as Fran Drescher a voice as possible

You're welcome

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

NmareBfly posted:

I assumed the addition of the mouth guards and upper torso coverings to the a'dams was to make it a little LESS kinky as opposed to just leash and collar. By adding more to it they distract from the straight up bondage aspect.

If they're described with the elaborate transformation in the books I super don't remember.
You think adding a pacifier/ball gag makes it LESS kinky rather than more?

mastajake posted:

They really did nail it with S2E8.
I thought they mostly nailed everything but episode 8.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

twistedmentat posted:

I also have to say that when I first read Seanchan on the page, I figured it was pronounced like some Weeb going "My name is Sean-chan!".

I still can't get over the name, honestly. I feel like Shawn-chan must be a friend of Chris-chan.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Same. Reading the book I looked it up in the glossary and was like "oh come on"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phenotype posted:

I still can't get over the name, honestly. I feel like Shawn-chan must be a friend of Chris-chan.

It makes me think of Seanbaby.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
I haven't seen any discussion of this, but Amazon and Sony are moving ahead with production of three Age of Legends movies, set to be directed by Kari Skogland.

https://deadline.com/2023/12/wheel-of-time-origins-movie-kari-skogland-animated-film-1235667758/ posted:

Set several millennia before the timeline of the books, The Age of Legends will chart the emergence of “the Dark One.” when the world descended into darkness and war. The film will delve into the corrosive nature of power and pride, as seen through the tragic tales of the Forsaken – once honored leaders who fell victim to the Dark One’s seduction, each personifying distinct elements of human weakness and ambition. The story will also portray the valorous sacrifices of unexpected heroes who rise against the Dark One to defend humanity in the face of overwhelming odds.
So if you were worried about the future of the series, it look like Amazon is all-in.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can’t stop until we have wrung all of the revenue possible from this IP.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Grey Area posted:

I haven't seen any discussion of this, but Amazon and Sony are moving ahead with production of three Age of Legends movies, set to be directed by Kari Skogland.

I don't think it'll happen, but an anthology series based on Rand's Rhuidean columns visions would be awesome.

Edit:my bad, didn't look at which thread I was in

enigma105 fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

enigma105 posted:

I don't think it'll happen, but an anthology series based on Rand's (spoilers removed)

This is the no spoilers thread, please edit or just delete that.