Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
this one is for the homies that can't evaporate sweat as easily when outdoors, and also have to deal with thunderstorms at 3 pm every day

make sure to drink that water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
i blame summer punks

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

DoomCroissant

Areola Grande posted:

i blame summer punks

they're just a symptom

i blame THE SUN

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
love it when all my clothes stick to me every second of being outside

kinda brings the "getting dressed without fully drying off" experience to the day-to-day.

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

high humidity is absolutely NO GOOD, because it attracts centipedes :ohdear: my mortal enemies

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Running a dinky little dehumidifier and an air conditioner and I still feel like I'm living in a cloud.

I am a patient they.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
brb gotta cut the grass again
again

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
hey gimme a stick I gotta get all the gross clumped up grass off the bottom of the mower

DoomCroissant

had to walk to the dumpster to throw out a box, outside max 2 minutes, and i was drenched with sweat

needed a cool drink of water after that arduous hike

Escape From Noise

You know what's even better than brewing in the mid to upper 30's? Adding 75% humidity or more onto that. Love to come home with a little bit o' heat rash!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Feels like I'm trying to breathe soup.

cruft

Wait I just saw this thread. Mods, please close it so the humidity will go down!

Escape From Noise

I'm brewing tomorrow and may die.

Chrs

can’t be doing with it

Escape From Noise

My shirt is literally soaking. Good thing I brought a spare and the boil I'd nearly complete! Once I get the whirlpool going I'm going to get a sports drink at the 7-11 and eat a cold rejected pizza. gently caress I'm dying.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
ih have if hard time reading posts
glasses aw fogged ip

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i had a shower and i'm still very damp

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

DoomCroissant

here come the afternoon storms

followed by the evening mosquitoes

Escape From Noise

I think I almost got heat stroke today. I was chugging water like crazy, drank a 900 ml sports drink, and took frequent breaks in the walk-in whenever possible but I felt really exhausted. I started getting a headache on the bike ride home so I'm really glad I had an OS-1 waiting in the fridge for me back home. Drank that after the shower. Also glad I have kala chana chaat in the fridge so I can just eat that. Woof! gently caress this poo poo!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
people get the winter sads cause it's dark and gloomy or whatever but I get the summer sads cause it's loving UNBEARABLE OUTSIDE

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
the dang ol humdiddlysads

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Escape From Noise

Dr. Honked posted:

the dang ol humdiddlysads

I honestly think I almost got heat stroke today. Brewing in the summer loving suuuuuuuuuuucks!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Quick, serious post interjection... Please be careful of heat stroke. It's too hot for normal routines right now. Voice your concerns with management and protect yourself. Mayo clinic lists these symptoms

• High body temperature. A core body temperature of 104 F (40 C) or higher, obtained with a rectal thermometer, is the main sign of heatstroke.
  • Altered mental state or behavior. Confusion, agitation, slurred speech, irritability, delirium, seizures and coma can all result from heatstroke.
  • Alteration in sweating. In heatstroke brought on by hot weather, your skin will feel hot and dry to the touch. However, in heatstroke brought on by strenuous exercise, your skin may feel dry or slightly moist.
  • Nausea and vomiting. You may feel sick to your stomach or vomit.
  • Flushed skin. Your skin may turn red as your body temperature increases.
  • Rapid breathing. Your breathing may become rapid and shallow.
  • Racing heart rate. Your pulse may significantly increase because heat stress places a tremendous burden on your heart to help cool your body.
  • Headache. Your head may throb.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heat-stroke/symptoms-causes/syc-20353581

An sad example from the news:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/20/texas-construction-worker-death-lawsuit-greg-abbott

Be safe!

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Escape From Noise

No. I know. I'm bringing it up. The brewery doesn't have enough air flow.

Escape From Noise

Also the airflow gets a lot worse when the restaurant manager turns off the circulation fans "for me" because "the air outside was hot".
:ughh:

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
ITS loving 102 HERE TODAY GFDI

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Aircon decided it didn't wanna do anything useful this year. So, it's humid and hot. I might as well just put my stuff in a rainforest and be playing Quake there while I sweat. Atleast if I don't dry off after a shower the cold water will fight against me sweating.

Escape From Noise

The very intense looking neck icepack is working alright. We'll see what happens when the boil starts. But in the meantime IDGAF!

DoomCroissant

luckily, the storms developed early today, so the sun didn't really shine

BUT THE RAIN

cruft

I'm genuinely concerned about the 9 airplane trips I have coming up soon. Might need to pack one of them things you soak it water and place on your neck.

In the past I'd say about ⅓ of all my flights experience some sort of problem that causes everybody to have to sit on the tarmac for 20-90 minutes.

cruft

Viginti Septem posted:

• High body temperature. A core body temperature of 104 F (40 C) or higher, obtained with a rectal thermometer, is the main sign of heatstroke.

Gonna start walking around town with a thermometer up my butt so I can get continuous monitoring for heat stroke.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated!!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
hiding in my posting cave until the sun goes down and it's just kinda lovely out

DoomCroissant

watching people eat outside at 3 pm and wondering 'why'

Escape From Noise

DoomCroissant posted:

watching people eat outside at 3 pm and wondering 'why'

Yesterday at around noon I saw two guys exit the Lawson carrying hot cup noodles and nearly lost my mind.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I was weedeating around the house but the grass just kept getting wrapped around the end of it, so it kept bogging down, so I just chucked that mfer across the yard and went back inside.

it was so liberating

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Yesterday at around noon I saw two guys exit the Lawson carrying hot cup noodles and nearly lost my mind.

My aunt told me I should only be eating hot soups and very spicy ones or samgaetang all summer and I just about cried.

I cannot.

Escape From Noise

Randy Travesty posted:

My aunt told me I should only be eating hot soups and very spicy ones or samgaetang all summer and I just about cried.

I cannot.

I think I'd actually die.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I cringe watching people get hot coffee in the morning when it's 95 outside. How do you do that?

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Viginti Septem posted:

I cringe watching people get hot coffee in the morning when it's 95 outside. How do you do that?

Iced Caramel Mocha Frap ftw