Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Luxrage posted:

"I'm in my mum's car, vroom, vroom!"

"𝓖𝓮𝓽 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓻!"

"Aw..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Can I have some icecream?
Ok but just one bite
giant spoon

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Vine was better than Tiktok because it didn't put a bunch of poo poo on the video covering it up. It just detracts from the humor when there's an overlay on it.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

stop op I almost dropped my croissant

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Tiktok owns ???

There are countless vids of people with high levels of mental illness trying to be cool/sexy/funny. Like animated posts from this forum really.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Because you're nostalgic for Vine, while Tiktok is a thing popular with younger people (and old people trying to pander to those young people and their new tastes and in-jokes).

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Wondering how my favourite viners are these days, what became of buttcheek on a stick kid or that dude who said "water-me-lon"? I wish them well.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Its a supercut of the best and none of the bad ones

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Endorph posted:

black people used vine

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

Five Second Films is still around. I presume. I'm not going to their website or Youtube channel.

They stopped the channel when Vine died, but they recently came back only as of a couple months ago and said they were actually back-back and are posting new content again.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I still wanna know what that dog is doin

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

YeahTubaMike posted:

drat, there are some people & things that I had no idea where from Vines, like Drew Gooden and that one outdoor shot that pans to the smiling Black guy

You mean the one that they say "hi" and he says "ok" right? Pretty solid vine

Anyway I finally found a tiktok I laughed at. Sorry for the Facebook link I am too lazy to get the actual tiktok link and also I don't really want to install tiktok anyway enjoy!! It's really not super funny but I like the guys delivery

https://fb.watch/mlStCO1K0Y/?mibextid=HSR2mg&startTimeMs=1122

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Shut the gently caress up

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

ishikabibble posted:

They stopped the channel when Vine died, but they recently came back only as of a couple months ago and said they were actually back-back and are posting new content again.

5SF predates vine by like a decade

Also they peaked with Little Ben, Monster Hunter and nothing will ever top it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RZCzDbmw18

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
It's because vine came out 10 years ago, and now you're 10 years older op.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Don't get me wrong, tiktok loving sucks, but if I were my age in 2013 I definitely would have thought vine sucked as well.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Vine necessitated editing and getting to the point. It's why most video essays over like 30 minutes suck massive dong.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Also I never had coworkers who said they learned something sociopolitical from Vine like they do Tik Tok.

And I'm not trying to be a crotchety Millennial, because I used Tumblr and that had (has) this problem in spades, but at least Tumblr posts require like, reading and faux-analysis lol

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I appreciate the CC function on Ttok as a hearing impared old saggy millennial

If it's not funny just scroll away

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Konar posted:

tiktiokers are trying to make money

This is it, you can close the thread now mods

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ishikabibble posted:

Hell, even BriTANik is back making videos.
Now I just need Balloonshop to get revived and I'll be complete.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

7 seconds and nothing more than a basic scene editor means you have to be a lot more creative

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Toxic Mental posted:

7 seconds and nothing more than a basic scene editor means you have to be a lot more creative

loving truth.
I've seen a bunch of TikToks that would be mighty fine Vines but then they keep hammering the punchline and it quickly just becomes annoying.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Inzombiac posted:

loving truth.
I've seen a bunch of TikToks that would be mighty fine Vines but then they keep hammering the punchline and it quickly just becomes annoying.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7231145438450044203

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Because vine had Will Sasso spitting out lemons.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

why does that dog want a mint do dogs think their breath smells bad do dogs even like mint

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Dogs will eat pretty much anything, especially if humans eat it, and ESPECIALLY if humans don't want them to eat it.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

hahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Silhouette posted:

5SF predates vine by like a decade

Also they peaked with Little Ben, Monster Hunter and nothing will ever top it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RZCzDbmw18