Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
mitch is going to crush you dissidents with his powerful exo-skeletal hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dreylad posted:

mitch is going to crush you dissidents with his powerful exo-skeletal hands

he is going to crumble into dust like a dusty old bitch

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bitch drank from the wrong grail.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Neither TIAs (ministrokes) or seizures will show up on CT. sometimes seizures will have some residual stuff on mri, but not always.

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1699100890295325064?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

This is useful as saying a stroke didn’t show up on his prostate exam.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

all of the 80 year old politicians fighting for the last Ozempic shot like Snake and Liquid fighting for the nanomachine suppressor at the end of MGS4

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

all of the 80 year old politicians fighting for the last Ozempic shot like Snake and Liquid fighting for the nanomachine suppressor at the end of MGS4

My BiL lost a ton of weight on Ozempic but he said it was one of the worst experiences of his life.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

My BiL lost a ton of weight on Ozempic but he said it was one of the worst experiences of his life.

people come out the other side looking like the hollowed from dark souls

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

He was 46 and morbidly obese toeing the line between pre-diabetes and just actual diabetes. And he has four young kids. He lost 120 pounds but he said he was basically incontinent, nauseated, and just generally felt like poo poo and farted constantly. It can save your rear end, but you won't like it much.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

He was 46 and morbidly obese toeing the line between pre-diabetes and just actual diabetes. And he has four young kids. He lost 120 pounds but he said he was basically incontinent, nauseated, and just generally felt like poo poo and farted constantly. It can save your rear end, but you won't like it much.

how long does it take to lose 120 pounds on the miracle drug, rapid weight loss is rather unhealthy, is it actually dangerous for that reason?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

why didn't he just eat those chips that do the same thing

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

my bony fealty posted:

how long does it take to lose 120 pounds on the miracle drug, rapid weight loss is rather unhealthy, is it actually dangerous for that reason?

This was over the course of a year and he and my sis got him a personal trainer for the gym and went on a pescatarian diet 6 days a week and cut way back on booze. He's much healthier and working with a dietician to maintain now that he's dropped so much weight, but it was an ordeal. The pills ain't magic, and you go through a lot of pain for not a lot of gain if you don't accompany the medication with lifestyle changes.

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

if Joe expires in 4 mOrE yEaRs we'll get our first fem prez via sacrificial senescence, neat

also when does this become elder abuse? typically people shield geriatrics from particularly compromising situations but all of these people have aides and donors egging them on 24/7

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

he is going to crumble into dust like a dusty old bitch

you have no idea where his remote power source is, idiot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Kyro posted:

also when does this become elder abuse?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Zeroisanumber posted:

This was over the course of a year and he and my sis got him a personal trainer for the gym and went on a pescatarian diet 6 days a week and cut way back on booze. He's much healthier and working with a dietician to maintain now that he's dropped so much weight, but it was an ordeal. The pills ain't magic, and you go through a lot of pain for not a lot of gain if you don't accompany the medication with lifestyle changes.

jfc i lost 70 pounds in a year and that was absolutely awful, i can't imagine losing 120 in the same amount of time

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/fxhedgers/status/1699511070308602053?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Banging the under on that one.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lol "I can't retire! I'm irreplaceable!" I insist as I clamp my rapidly decaying fingers tighter to the levers of power.

If he quit now he, his party, and the government would all be better off but he just can't help himself.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Die Mitch Mcdonalds!

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
He can't step down because Kentucky's governor is a Democrat who gets to select the next Senator from Kentucky if there is a position to fill. The state legislature passed a law requiring the Gov to pick a replacement selected by the previous Senator's state party apparatus, but the law hasn't been challenged constitutionally.

So there is real danger that McConnell is replaced by a Democrat if the Gov just ignores the potentially unconstitutional law. Given that Sinema/Manchin are the necessary buffer to keep any crazy non-oligarchic poo poo from going down, it's a risk too big to take.

Kentucky's Dem Gov is also a slight favorite to win re-election, so Mitch will never step down. He might disappear totally ala Feinstein, but he will be a Senator until after Beshear is no longer the Gov of Kentucky.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

dems: Mitch McConnell is a strategic and tactical super genius. We can’t stop him. we can’t even hope to contain him. We want to do so many good things, honest, but we are just mercilessly dunked on by the Lebron James of congressional procedure

Mitch McConnell:…. ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………he………………………………………………………………………hell…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………hello?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Former Everything posted:

He can't step down because Kentucky's governor is a Democrat who gets to select the next Senator from Kentucky if there is a position to fill. The state legislature passed a law requiring the Gov to pick a replacement selected by the previous Senator's state party apparatus, but the law hasn't been challenged constitutionally.

So there is real danger that McConnell is replaced by a Democrat if the Gov just ignores the potentially unconstitutional law. Given that Sinema/Manchin are the necessary buffer to keep any crazy non-oligarchic poo poo from going down, it's a risk too big to take.

Kentucky's Dem Gov is also a slight favorite to win re-election, so Mitch will never step down. He might disappear totally ala Feinstein, but he will be a Senator until after Beshear is no longer the Gov of Kentucky.

I think that death might have something to say about that old bitch's plans.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

They all know death is knocking, but it's either die in the relative obscurity of retirement or lie in the capitol where the rest of the government and the national media rend their garments over how great you were. They've made it this far, so why not stick it out a little longer for the good one?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

can’t wait for Biden’s eulogy

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

He’s dead. You heard it here first.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Poppers posted:

He’s dead. You heard it here first.

really?!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

That's right! Dead serious about completing his term!

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

real question time:

SHOULD politicians get age cap'd at 70? yes, no, or some variation maybe

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Kyro posted:

real question time:

SHOULD politicians get age cap'd at 70? yes, no, or some variation maybe

yes, but make it 60

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Politicians should be no older than 11 years old. Wars will be replaced by fortnite tournaments and subsidies for Hershey's and other confectioneries will be at an all time high.

If you don't want to live in candycane communism then get the gently caress outta here

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Kyro posted:

SHOULD politicians get cap'd

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

G*d's judgement will be rendered and mitch will burn in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

drat horror queefs posted:

Politicians should be no older than 11 years old. Wars will be replaced by fortnite tournaments and subsidies for Hershey's and other confectioneries will be at an all time high.

If you don't want to live in candycane communism then get the gently caress outta here

The body armor shortage during the Iraq war scandal, except this time it's why won't the president send mom's credit card number and the 4 digits on the back to help out John Wick?!