Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Also no minimum wage worker is going to clear ice from an arctic lighthouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jelly posted:

You have no idea even how big the lighthouse is, how much ice, or how difficult the task is. You're just pulling all this poo poo completely out of your rear end.

Considering the bridge to the lighthouse doesn't look that big it might not be such a difficult task. Two shifts of ten people chipping away at the ice every day could probably have it done in a relatively short time

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I would buy $400,000 worth of lawnmowers and $100,000 in 50:1 gas and let those dirty dirty two-strokes run for three months straight, adding more than enough CO2 to the atmosphere to bring the temperature above freezing.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I will induce a nutritional disorder such that I have pika and I munch all the ice away.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'd just show the lighthouse a picture of microwaves mom (so hot could melt the par icecaps)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

I'd just show the lighthouse a picture of microwaves mom (so hot could melt the par icecaps)

Also pictures of that one goon's hot stepmom that he took a bunch of pictures with lmfao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jelly posted:

I already provided this correct answer in the 4th post of this thread.

yeah i subcontracted my post

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

Considering the bridge to the lighthouse doesn't look that big it might not be such a difficult task. Two shifts of ten people chipping away at the ice every day could probably have it done in a relatively short time
sir, you have no idea how big that bridge is either

in a hypothetical scenario, this lighthouse could be built for 7 mile high giants on the planet Xerxes

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah i subcontracted my post

:golfclap:

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

EorayMel posted:

put cum in an ice tray and freeze it. pelt me with your cum ice. it belongs to you. how fast can a jonas brother throw a piece of cum ice. throw a slider at my back. my rear end in a top hat is the strike zone. how many pieces of ice can fit in my rear end.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
sell the contract to someone else, on the same condition, for 100$. buy bg3 and enjoy it at home in my nice house.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jelly posted:

You have no idea even how big the lighthouse is, how much ice, or how difficult the task is. You're just pulling all this poo poo completely out of your rear end.

The ropes on the side imply it's not all that big

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

The ropes on the side imply it's not all that big
If you want to contract something on an implication that's on you, but those ropes could have a 40 foot diameter for the 7 mile tall giants that live there.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Did I get paid in advance? Because, if so, I’d just run away with the giant check.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's small and the job is east

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

You can only melt the ice with love guys. :h:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

finished the job op, where's my money at?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
A million dollars will buy a lot of space heaters.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
hot piss melts everything

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
No you fool, that's clearly a Decepticon that has been entombed in ice. Last thing you want to do is let it out.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Presto posted:

No you fool, that's clearly a Decepticon that has been entombed in ice. Last thing you want to do is let it out.

For a mil cash? Hell yea

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I kind of feel like even the Decepticons would want to take out the fascist chuds of the world because they're so pathetic and lame, so it might be a good call. Then again... Starscream.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
1000 monkeys with hammers

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
I would simply bid our father, the Sea King, rise from the depths full foul in his fury! Black waves teeming with salt foam to smother this iced lighthouse with pungent slime, to choke it, engorging its rooms 'til it turns blue and bloated with bilge and brine and can light no more -- only when he, crowned in cockle shells with slitherin’ tentacle tail and steaming beard take up his fell be-finned arm, his coral-tine trident screeches banshee-like in the tempest and plunges right through its doorway, bursting it -- a bulging bladder no more, but a blasted bloody film now and nothing for the harpies and the souls of dead sailors to peck and claw and feed upon only to be lapped up and swallowed by the infinite waters of the Dread Emperor himself -- forgotten to any man, to any time, forgotten to any god or devil, forgotten even to the sea, for any stuff or part of this iced lighthouse, even any scantling of its soul, is the iced lighthouse no more, but is now itself the sea!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

What if Nekron, the rotoscoped, villainously horny ice wizard antagonist from the classic 1983 Ralph Bakshi/Frank Frazetta animated masterpiece Fire and Ice, is living in the lighthouse pencilhands

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
That lighthouse looks like a frozen robot from another angle (I looked up “frozen lighthouse”). So I’ll take the lighthouse job as long as whoever has its remote can give it over.

Since it’s summer in Michigan, I should be able to just move its lungs around to shake off the leftover ice without much issue.

Jul 31, 2023

pencilhands posted:

Can you do it? What do you do?
de-icing boats, idiot

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Eat some spicy beans and pass hot wind

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

What if Nekron, the rotoscoped, villainously horny ice wizard antagonist from the classic 1983 Ralph Bakshi/Frank Frazetta animated masterpiece Fire and Ice, is living in the lighthouse pencilhands

gently caress yea

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

It's small and the job is east

>GO EAST

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

You've been eaten by a Grue

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Presto posted:

"Is it moral to free the ancient evil entombed in this lighthouse for 1 million dollars" is a different thread entirely, buddy.

And the answer is yes.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
electricity is hot right? just hook up some jumper cables and a few batteries, boom, problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Jelly posted:

You've been eaten by a Grue

>PRAY THIS DOESNT TURN INTO THING IM NOW INTO